Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to actually make the side mirrors fold automatically? I have the option enabled, however enabled or disabled does not seem to make any difference.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where is the option enabled? As far as I know, the XTS doesn't have power folding mirrors...at least not in the U.S.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum
36 Posts
My Platinum doesn't have folding mirrors. But, it does have reverse tilting mirrors, which I had to disable because the passenger side gets stuck when tilting down and doesn't return to the normal position consistently when shifting to drive. I will have the problem looked at when something more substantial needs fixed as well.

·
Registered
2013 XTS
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the settings, vehicle settings, comfort and convenience ,auto mirror folding, choose auto mirror folding on or off. Let me know if you can figure out how to actually get this to work I.E. how to get the mirrors to auto fold. Attaching photos of menu choices.
vehicle.jpg settings.jpg comfort and convienience.jpg auto mirror folding.jpg

·
Registered
2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD
588 Posts
That's interesting! What trim level is your XTS? I have the Luxury trim and my screen stops at the reverse tilt mirror option.

·
Registered
2013 XTS
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Premium edition...

----------

Regardless, it does not seem to work as designed....

·
Registered
2008 STS V6 DI, 2014 XTS Premium AWD V-Sport
120 Posts
Hmmm, just checked out my XTS Premium in the driveway after reading this thread. My vehicle settings menu options stop with "Reverse Tilt Mirror." There is no "Auto Folding Mirror" option on my ride.
I took delivery on 7/10/13, perhaps cars having the Auto Folding Mirror option (whether or not it actually works) are later builds?

Happy New Year

Pete

·
Registered
2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD
588 Posts
According to the owners manual section 2-19, move the left right switch selector to the middle position and press the down arrow. Press the down arrow again to unfold the mirrors. Is that what you have been doing?

·
Registered
2013 XTS
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha! Yes, that was the first thing I tried. I have had several Cadillac's (CTS and 2 SRX's) and they both work in that manner. Not this baby...

----------

Mine was purchased in December.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade
103 Posts
Hmmm, just checked out my XTS Premium in the driveway after reading this thread. My vehicle settings menu options stop with "Reverse Tilt Mirror." There is no "Auto Folding Mirror" option on my ride.
I took delivery on 7/10/13, perhaps cars having the Auto Folding Mirror option (whether or not it actually works) are later builds?

Happy New Year

Pete
How the heck did you take delivery 7/10/13? Lol

Seriously though, mine stops at reverse mirror tilt as well. Build date 8/12 plat edition.

I checked the window sticker and it states "power dual outside mirrors adjustable, w/auto dimming.
It states nothing about folding and the sequence described in manual does nothing for my car either.

Did you get a software upgrade by chance and that is why it shows in your cue?

·
Registered
2015 CTS4 Premium, Obsession Red Tintcoat, Kona Brown Int.
41 Posts
I have also had this issue. It appears the mirror housing was not designed to have sufficient clearance for the mirror to rotate to the limits the motor allows. The mirror is oversized for the housing.

·
Registered
2013 XTS
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just validated on my sister's new 2013 XTS (delivery date was about 5 weeks later than mine) and this menu option is not available. Would anyone from Cadillac be able to comment?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't imagine there's much to say. The 2013 XTS absolutely, positively does not have power folding mirrors, period.

Since some people see this feature in the CUE menus, I imagine that it was planned originally but for whatever reason didn't make it into production models. Presumably updates to CUE removed this option.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
38 Posts
When this information was added to the catalogue/owners manual Cadillac fully intended to have electric folding mirrors on the XTS. However, it never became a reality for several reasons, some mentioned here...

According to the owners manual section 2-19, move the left right switch selector to the middle position and press the down arrow. Press the down arrow again to unfold the mirrors. Is that what you have been doing?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts