Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched through the forum and couldn't find anything particular to the XT4. I have a 2020 XT4 Sport. I'm looking to get a trailer hitch installed by the dealer and they only install the OEM ones. The person on the phone (from dealer service) doesn't seem to know the answer and seemed like he was guessing. Does anyone here know if the OEM trailer hitch hides behind the original facia/cover when not used or do I need to use a protruding cover?

·
Registered
'19 XT4, '13 CTS-V coupe, '76 L-82 Vette
71 Posts
I think the rear fascia needs to be cut. Go to an aftermarket seller like Reese and look at the installation instructions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One dealer wasn’t sure. Other said they don’t install. I just ordered one from etrailer.com. Planning on installing myself.

·
Registered
89 Allante, 93 Allante, 06 XLR, 09SRX Sport, 12 CTS Prem wgn,14 ELR, 18 XT5 Prem
7 Posts
I searched through the forum and couldn't find anything particular to the XT4. I have a 2020 XT4 Sport. I'm looking to get a trailer hitch installed by the dealer and they only install the OEM ones. The person on the phone (from dealer service) doesn't seem to know the answer and seemed like he was guessing. Does anyone here know if the OEM trailer hitch hides behind the original facia/cover when not used or do I need to use a protruding cover?
I have a 2019 Sport with the factory installed hitch. The cover for it has a slight outward bulge compare to the non hitch cover.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed my own hitch on my 2020 Sport and if you can do your own wrenching it's fairly easy. Here are some pics of the installation. The pic with the red arrow shows where the wiring harness that you buy plugs into the OEM wiring.

·
Registered
2021 Cadillac XT4 Sport AWD
5 Posts
I installed my own hitch on my 2020 Sport and if you can do your own wrenching it's fairly easy. Here are some pics of the installation. The pic with the red arrow shows where the wiring harness that you buy plugs into the OEM wiring.
Hey, quick question. I saw instructions online for a Curt branded hitch which looks almost identical to yours but the show that you only need to remove the bottom half of the bumper (the black plastic, not the painted portion). Based in the work you did, do you think it would be possible to do it that way?

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts