Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 17 ATS in for service (cue screen, power steering recall, suspected wheel bearing failure). They’re claiming no parts available for the recall which is BS, screen is getting replaced tomorrow, but they can’t hear my failing wheel bearing...what crap.

Anyway, got a brand new XT4 sport loaner and OMG I might have to replace my wife’s Mazda CX-5 with this. The new CUE interface is much more pleasant, responsive, and I love that there are actual buttons for things like climate control. The new screen looks to be of much better design...I’ll be surprised if they suffer the same issue as the old design. Only drawback is the XT4 trunk is smaller than our CX-5, which just might be a dealbreaker since I have a 3.5 year old and an 8 week old (how do babies need that much crap to travel?!?).

Anyway, I’ll try to get some pics before I have to turn it back into the dealer, just thought I’d share that’s it’s a great machine...if only it were 3 years old, low mileage, and wonderfully depreciated so I could afford to buy one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was given an XT4 for a day while my ATS had the steering mount recall performed. I concur with your assessment - it was a really nice ride. I went into it thinking I'd hate it as I'm not a fan of the whole CUV craze. The engine was very responsive and worked very well with the 9AT (smoother shifts and better power delivery than my 6AT). Ended up putting about 100-125 miles on it. My only complaint was the shifter - it was counter intuitive at first. I'm glad the dealership gave me a quick walk through how it worked before hending over the keys. That said, by the end of the day I was becoming used to the motions required for Park/Drive/Reverse. Oh, and the back up camera is MUCH better resolution than my ATS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry forgot to ask - which dealer in MD? I went to Frankel and had no issue... in fact, I went in for a routine 45,000 mile service and they proactively asked me if they could address the open recall.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with Etilley. The 4-banger is smooth with the 9AT, rides great. The Sport trim has available MRC, not sure if my loaner has it or not, but that would be sweet.

My dealer is Miller Brothers in Ellicott City. They’ve been pretty good so far, but I do all my own maintenance so I’m only there when I have an issue that should be under warranty. Looking forward to being out of warranty though...the wife is letting me build my own engine once the CPO is up. Can’t wait to have some fun with the LGX. Can we say twin-snails... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
The Sport trim has available MRC, not sure if my loaner has it or not, but that would be sweet.
It doesn't have MRC, but Sport trim has available CDC dampers with electronically adjusting valves. The XT4 needs to be Sport trim order with the "SPORT DYNAMICS PACKAGE" to get that, then you also get 20" wheels instead of 18"s. I'm guessing the CDC system is very similar to the one on the XT5, in which case the difference between Normal and Sport is a nice increase in body control. Personally I thought the XT5 Sport mode suspension setting should have been Normal, so hoping the XT4 is a bit more aggressive in its suspension calibration. I tend to drive at grandpa speeds, and in Normal I pulled about 29 MPG out of a loaner XT5 after a few weeks - Sport tanks the fuel economy by allowing more AWD power split, and changing the throttle and transmission tuning; I really wanted the tight body control, but with "eco" everything else, hoping the XT4 allows that. CDC is nothing like the difference in feel that MRC gets you though, switching to Sport in my ATS feels like adding Quikrete to the dampers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts