Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I subscribe to XM weather and find that the display is very intermittent. Sometimes it take a long time to come on and sometimes I only get the current conditions and sometimes I only get the forecast. Anyone else have similar or better performance as it has always acted like this?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
1,729 Posts
Mine did the same thing so when I added the best of Sirius to my account I did away with it. It drove me crazy.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Same thing here. Seems like normal operation. It is very spotty. If only we had something similar to Ford's Sync. That system seems to be much more reliable. I am actually surprised when I actually get weather info at all.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto
455 Posts
Mine only displays one page, never both, if it ever works at all. It's a nice feature, in theory since I don't have to fiddle with my droid x, but never works. C'mon GM, why put in features if they dont work? T'would be nice if someone re-wrote new software for the unit that gave better navigation of the Ipod controls to suit too.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
36 Posts
I absolutely hate mine, it either takes forever to display any info or I give up and just put the screen down. If, the service worked reliably it would be a nice feature.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
There is supposed to be a fix for this. The repair disc for mine has come in, but I'm waiting for my next service to get it applied. It may also be included in the 2010 NAV disc update, but there are some issues with this disc that I am monitoring on the other CTS forum before I get the update, as our maps/data are no more than 2 years old, but I want the update to go smoothly.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Mine works best if I enter a destination, other times it's hit or miss.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,235 Posts
I notice all of you are either '09 or '10. Any 2011's out there?

Paul

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
1,729 Posts
2011 here. There seems to be a problem the way it updates. When I used to hit the onstar button, they would transfer me to XM and they would update it. It would work until I started the car again. lol

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is supposed to be a fix for this. The repair disc for mine has come in, but I'm waiting for my next service to get it applied. It may also be included in the 2010 NAV disc update, but there are some issues with this disc that I am monitoring on the other CTS forum before I get the update, as our maps/data are no more than 2 years old, but I want the update to go smoothly.
Is there a SB number for this issue?

·
Registered
NONE - Picked up a 2014 C7
102 Posts
2011 Coupe here; and the XM weather is a joke! I was in a $25K Hyundai this past weekend that XM weather worked great in, so it's not XM.

·
Registered
NONE - Picked up a 2014 C7
102 Posts
2011 CTSV Coupe here...XM weather is garbage in it.

GM Mylink is supposed to be the answer to Ford's Sync.
Good luck, GM...better late than never.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/02/gm-mylink-system-announced-to-rival-fords-sync.html

http://www.gearlog.com/2011/02/better_late_than_never_dept_ch.php

I don't know about you guys; but I really don't need all that "connectivity stuff" just a good bluetooth for my phone and decent map and weather.

I have concerns about how safe it is to be driving looking down trying to find "spots" to touch screen so I can turn the fan up or whatever. Ford's system has been such a disaster and so hard to learn that Ford is now paying salesmen to spend extra time with customers so they can figure out the system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts