Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS, LUXw/Nav & Sun Roof, RWD; 2012 SRX Performance FWD
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to make a decision on XM as as my 3 month trial is over next week. What's the best rate everyone is getting? Want to add a second vehicle, any multi car discounts? Thanks

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,809 Posts
Easy part - there are rate reductions for multiple XM radios. As for costs - kinda of best to do nothing till they contact you with an offer. Its possible that your radio will continue to work. My wifes radio(Sirius) has been working for months even though she did not renew.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,286 Posts
Play the waiting game. Don't purchase a subscription right away. Over time they will come to you with an offer less than $100 for a year. There has been much discussion on the forum.

·
Registered
2008 CTS Premium
70 Posts
I got music and traffic on my wife's new SRX 1 year for $129 total. I have a cts that I did a 3 year on and probably paid too much for so they probably gave me a little multi vehicle discount on the SRX. I got tired of talking to XM customer service so I went to my dealer and the dealer called XM on the dealer line and the lady was very helpful and gave me a decent deal. I'm not going to haggle over 10 or 20 dollars for the year. If you thing the service is worth it get it if you don't then don't. Every body want's to get a good deal but honestly if your driving a Cadillac can't you afford $10 a month. If not you should not be driving a Cadillac. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,286 Posts
I don't like nickel-dime B.S. either, but their standard "rack rate" at Sirius XM is too much.

Reactions: SHOWGIRL

·
Registered
2013 CTS4 Coupe
63 Posts
Whatever you do, do not pay their outrageous standard pricing. My three month trial had expired by a couple of days. I called Saturday and spent almost an hour haggling with them on pricing. I’ve seen very broad pricing posted on the board so I’m guessing they will try to wear you down for as much as they can get. I received service for one year for $96.00. That was for everything the car came with in the trial, all radio stations, traffic and weather.
The big problem is that most of the employees are very poorly trained and of course are outsourced and can barely speak English. If they can make you understand what they are reading from the script you might make everything happen.
As I said, I renewed Saturday and I’m still trying to get everything downloaded. I have spent over two hours dealing with idiots that don’t know what they are doing. This company probably has the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with. It is amazing that they are still in business.

I just finished a "conversation" with a "supervisor" that supposedly fixed all my problems; at least when I just left the car everything was working, but it was an amazing adventure.
She told me that the package I recieved for the amount I paid should not have been done. I told her with all the problems that I have had they should be paying me for keeping the service and that next year when it is due to renew that I will have another battle.
Good luck to anyone dealing with these idiots.

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
Agree. Only the outsourcing is new. Last I talked with them I got Nova Scotia, so we chatted about hockey.

·
Registered
04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon
1,803 Posts
Even though you only signed up for 6 months, make sure you call and cancel after six months, because they will continue your service for you at a ridiculous price. Been there.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,809 Posts
When you have completed the exhausting process of negotitating fees, make sure you check your invoice(s). You have to be a rocket scientist to understand some of them especially if switching plans or vehicles.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sedan RWD Radiant Silver|Ebony
231 Posts
XM has to be the most convoluted business model I have ever seen. I gave up dealing with them on the account that I can't understand the people on the phone and I refuse to buy anything that automatically renews at absurd prices. Why can't they enact fair and square pricing and more customers might return.

·
Registered
2018 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury
524 Posts
When you have completed the exhausting process of negotitating fees, make sure you check your invoice(s). You have to be a rocket scientist to understand some of them especially if switching plans or vehicles.
This is why I always renegotiate while on the phone and logged into my online account. When I see the update on the website with the correct numbers, then I pay it online so they don't keep my credit card number. This, of course, causes them to add a $2 invoice fee for next time, but they always give me a credit for that when I speak with them for the renewal. This year, the guy offered the $2 credit before I even had a chance to bring it up.

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
Good job, PJL. I will remember this

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I HATE XM and the fact they outsource offshore to people who don't speak English as their first language. I'm goi g to be going through this in a month with my new V wagon, so interested in this.

·
Registered
2010 CTS, LUXw/Nav & Sun Roof, RWD; 2012 SRX Performance FWD
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I started this thread at the beginning of the month and I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's comments. My tale with XM ended today with my renewal at a good rate. I never got a call from them wanting me to renew so I called them this past Tuesday after my trial ('12 SRX) ended over the weekend. I had received two notices in the mail wanting me to renew and in each case the number to call was different. I used the first number 800-347-0600 and got nowhere with the operator. It was take the list price deal of $175 or do without so I did without. Today in the mail I got a special deal of $25 for 6 months for XM Select and yet a third different number to call: 877-486-7017. The operator was very helpful and said they also had an annual plan for $95 plus tax and fees. The total was $107. But no deal for NavTraffic. That was an additional $43 if I wanted to opt for that. I also got the same deal for my 2010 CTS that I bought last year as well as 2 additional months since I was entitled to a 2 month trial.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts