Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to do my annual XM radio/traffic/weather renewal dance with SiriusXM. (I know, why bother with the traffic, it's crap, but I'm one of those that just has to have it there.) What's the best price for all 3 that anyone has negotiated? Last year, I renewed for $68-ish for the radio, and about $90 for the other two. This year, I'm ready to shut it off and play hardball if necessary. Ideas?

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Tell them that you would like to cancel after they tell you the price...always works. This time, I told them that their prices were outrageous after the first price reduction. Subscribed to all services for 129.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
674 Posts
I don't need or want weather or traffic. I pay $5/month for just the radio. Suits me fine.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Sonny3621, I take it you took the 5 months for $25.00 deal? Lol, I did that for a couple of years...always got the same deal;)

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
674 Posts
Yes Jeff - I've just kept renewing that same plan for the last 5 years. They say I can't but I threaten to cancel and they always give in.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
LOL, that they do! You just have to keep pushing them OR say the word "cancel" and they will bend over backwards:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes Jeff - I've just kept renewing that same plan for the last 5 years. They say I can't but I threaten to cancel and they always give in.
I've done it(5/25) on two car for the last four years. I find it works best if you cancel before it auto renews. I also was heavy into their stock around 2009 when it was @$.62, it was my big retirement fund play, I had thousands of share lol. So fast forward it never made the big move into double digits like I prayed for, so I finally sold it all last year. Because I finally understood it no one, pays full price for the service. The number they post for sub add and all the other metric are all based on the retail renewal rate, which no one pays!

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just received a rate of $32.00 for 5 months, to include XM radio, traffic and travel link (weather). I can live with that. So, I'll put in a calendar reminder to go through this again in July. :bigroll: Thanks for all the suggestions!

·
Registered
2013 ESC EXT
27 Posts
I feel a little foolish. I have used Sirius and XM since 2006. I have to admit that I never thought I would pay for radio but I did after my first vehicle in 2006 came with the service. I was shocked at the renewal price but did pay it. Based on what I hear here I paid way to much. I was told by an installer of the radios that I could get a life time subscription to the service. So the next time I needed a renewal I went with the life time subscription. That was probably in the 2008 time frame. The cost I think was $500 ouch!Not only did I pay for that renewal, the next car I bought new I had them include a life time subscription. I bought a used jeep that had the radio and opt to get the life time service on the vehicle also.
I have since transfered the subscriptions to 3 other vehicles (that totals 6 vehicles) with the same life time service.
Sirius/XM, I believe has stopped sell the life time and fights me every time I try to transfer the service and charges me $75 every time I transfer. I always have to get a superviser and insist that I am only asking for some "customer service" since I have paid for 3 contracts. BTW they would never give me a discount when I was signing up for the 2nd and 3rd contracts.
I love the product. It has probably saved my life by keeping me from falling a sleep on long trips by entertaining me with their comedy channels.

·
Registered
2013 ESC EXT
27 Posts
I guess I will have to continue being a long term client. So far , having the servce for 9 years (108 months), I am averaging $13.00 a month for 3 vehicles. I don't think that is XM's ideal customer. I don't see changing my auto's anytime soon. They are 2005 escalade ext, 2009 CLK mercedes and 2013 escalade.
BTW I was a sirius stock holder many years ago but the goverment held the company back by delaying the merger with XM. I sold out years ago and the stock has never been able to recover. It is a shame, it is installed in most new cars. They just need to structure the payments so everyone will want to pay for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts