Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XM Radio, unable to change stations, no station information shows and Subscription Expired this action unavailable message. Turn car on and off and XM will work as normal. After several signal resends XM said that the XM Module needs to be reset so I have an appointment with service department to have that done. XM is also saying that this is a known issue that service should be aware of:bigroll:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Sometimes the XM receiver itself needs replacement. Long ago with the 08 CTS I often would lose connectivity. Had to wait until I could show dealer a picture of random failure. Took over a year to get the receiver replaced despite it being an obvious point of failure.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes the XM receiver itself needs replacement. Long ago with the 08 CTS I often would lose connectivity. Had to wait until I could show dealer a picture of random failure. Took over a year to get the receiver replaced despite it being an obvious point of failure.
Thank you, I had to have a receiver replaced in a new 2014 Buick LaCrosse and it was like pulling teeth to do so. It did not take a year but it took a lot of going back and forth between XM and the dealership.
I hope the software update will take care of things as I know a receiver replacement will not happen without a fight. This new issue is much like the CUE screen display defaulting just another minor annoyance that I hope I do not have to live with:gg:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I received a call from the service manager today saying that there is a new software update out that has not been applied to my car. He is thinking that the software update will solve not only the issue with my XM radio but also the Cue screen display defaulting which it has done since I purchased the car in September 2018. The car will be going in for the software update on Monday:suspense:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts