Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got every option on my 2003 CTS minus the XM radio. There's has got to be a way to add the XM (factory style) to my car! Because the other day when I started up the car the XM1 and XM2 bands showed up. This has only happened once, which made me believe the XM 'software' is already on the DVD navigation head. I called Cadillac and they say the only way to have the 'factory installed' XM is when the car was built at the factory. But there HAS to be a way to do it!!!

Please, if anyone has information on this, I would REALLY appreciate it!!!!

itsyours

·
Registered
47 Posts
itsyours said:
I've got every option on my 2003 CTS minus the XM radio. There's has got to be a way to add the XM (factory style) to my car! Because the other day when I started up the car the XM1 and XM2 bands showed up. This has only happened once, which made me believe the XM 'software' is already on the DVD navigation head. I called Cadillac and they say the only way to have the 'factory installed' XM is when the car was built at the factory. But there HAS to be a way to do it!!!

Please, if anyone has information on this, I would REALLY appreciate it!!!!

itsyours
As far as I know Xm radio is an option that you sign up for like onstar. I ve seen what you are talking about and have listen to it for about 5 min before it shuts off, just a teaser. 2003 cts should have the components installed, just a matter of you signing up for it

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The GM system has to be ordered from the factory that way. They will not release the digital receiver for a car that doesn't have the option listed in the VIN. You can get it aftermarket, but you'll have to check with the installer if it'll work through your radio the same way as the factory unit.

·
Registered
2001 BMW M5 - Alpine White
226 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
tstach said:
Have you installed this in your 99STS? I would love to put this in mine, however, I would like to know how well it works. I would really like to know if the stations display on the factory radio.
I put a Pioneer 903 in my 99STS Here's a link to my installation:

http://www.geocities.com/rich35242/99-STS-Caddy.html

The Pioneer 903 has been discontinued, but the new XM Commander is better and costs less. Here's a link to the Commander:

http://www.xmradio.com/commander/

The PIE & Blitzsafe connections would sound the best, next cassette adapter, then FM modulation.

The Soundgate adapter is brand new. You might E-mail the Soundgate guy that posted on the XM Fan site to see it it will work with your car and with which XM tuner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got an 03 DTS w/nav. but w/o XM. I wanted XM, but not an "add on", so the dealer ordered an exchange receiver box from Delphi. The head unit did not have to be replaced. It now displays and plays all XM channels. It works great and Delphi is now considering adding it to the list of dealer installed options. Note that the stock Delphi antenna requires a hole to be drilled in the top and the headliner to be partially removed. I didn't want the hole and complexity so the installer installed a third party magnetic antenna right above the rear window seal (wire hidden in the seal) It looks a lot cleaner than the stock "shark fin". It works great! It's amazing what a good dealer will do for you.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
If you can hear a promotional XM broadcast, chances are, all you need to do is call XM and activate the radio.

I installed an XM commander in my Father's Envoy. I gave it to him for Christmas, and he loves it. I borrowed the Envoy for the weekend and the signal never dropped. I installed one of those Terk glass mount antennas on my car, and it fades out all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts