Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the aux input mod on my '06 V about a month ago (thru a switch so I can go back and forth), and now the receiver won't pick up an XM signal. May or may not be related to the mod since XM didn't go out right away, but in the last couple weeks it was intermittent, and now it has gone out completely for the last week. Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any quick checks I can do to verify whether the xm receiver is the problem? It must still be getting an 'active' signal from the xm because it lets me choose those bands on the head unit, but no matter what channel I select it shows 'No Signal' for the artist info. If I change off one of my presets it gives me 'No Signal' as the channel title, so I don't think it's refreshing any digital data either. I've tried having sirius send a reset signal, didn't help. Are there any resets I can do on my end that might help?

I ran both aux channels in through a 2-way switch to flip back and forth between xm and aux, although not the common audio ground wire, which bypassed the switch and kept the aux input grounded with the xm stereo at all times. The weird thing was, when I had the aux input selected, I got a low-level buzz until I plugged something in, but somehow that made it go away. From reading other GM forums it sounds like this is common, although no one seems to have a solution or explanation. I'm wondering if somehow ground line feedback damaged my xm receiver.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts