Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new here and a proud owner of a silver 2004 CTS-V with 10,000 miles on it. It's awesome. My issue. When I go to XM1 or XM2 and rotate to channel 0, my radio ID says UNKNOWN. The owner's manual says when that is indicated, it's faulty hardware or receiver. Does anyone know what I am looking at or what the corrective action is? Am I going to have to replace the digital radio receiver and if so, does it need to be programmed? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

Ivan

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
Sounds like your radio may have been replaced and not programmed corrrectly. I would either ask for someone to run your service history above (being a supporting member helps) or go to nearest caddy dealer befriend the service writer and have him do so. If under warranty don't worry about it and have them fix if not under warranty see if it could have been programmed wrong if radio or xm unit was serviced and take back to that dealer and ask them to correct their mistake.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your radio may have been replaced and not programmed corrrectly. I would either ask for someone to run your service history above (being a supporting member helps) or go to nearest caddy dealer befriend the service writer and have him do so. If under warranty don't worry about it and have them fix if not under warranty see if it could have been programmed wrong if radio or xm unit was serviced and take back to that dealer and ask them to correct their mistake.
That would be nice if that is all it takes. I spoke to a friend of mine in the parts department of a local Chevy dealer today and he said to bring it down, and they throw the Tech II on it and see what it shows. I pray it's that simple, My order of priority...1. Get title and register car. 2. Thrash the car on the way to the dealer. 3. Get the XM working. 4. Fill the tank with fuel. I need my XM, I haven't listened to regular radio in 2 years, I can't go back there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts