Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always had problems with reception with my xm in miami. i took my v in and got a rental with xm working. I had no problem with it the whole week. Ive taken my v in for the xm not working right but they ( all 5 times) keep saying they cant find a pronblem. so i was wondering if any other miami V's have this same problem. I really dont even use xm in miami or south of it. If i go north i dont have any problems.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Im in Fort Lauderdale, but whether Im in Miami or Naples...or pretty much anywhere for that matter, mine sucks....I barely get any reception; and the reception I do get is poor quality sound. As for your rental, if it wasn't a V it was probably a different xm receiver than yours. I know different car models use different receivers, hence the better signal.

·
Registered
Cadillac V - 2005 Blk Raven
16 Posts
I have taken my V from FL (tampa area) across 10 states and had no issues other than the same songs playing over and over and over again. The only time I loose any signal is paying my million $$ tolls all over FLA. Maybe it is year specific, mine is an 05.

·
Registered
221 Posts
what year is yours ocean? is it also a v?
2004 Cts-v

I got the car in NJ.....had it for last year of college in NC....and now Im in Florida for 3 years and I can say that my reception has never been good, and the sound quality is nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wonder how much a new antenna is and if it is hard to replace

·
Registered
221 Posts
i wonder how much a new antenna is and if it is hard to replace
I wonder....

My question is: Does our problem originate from the antenna, or is it a problem with the actual XM receiver? The poor sound quality (and mine is tuned perfectly) leads me to believe the receiver might be the culprit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts