Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ext
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where the XM receiver is located in an EXT. I bought a 2004 theft recovered EXT and according to the option codes for this truck it had XM and Nav.

The reason why I ask is that I am missing the plastic panel below the steering column right in front of your knees. I am guessing that it was removed to get at something. The stereo was also been removed.

I would like to add a Nav/XM stereo back to it if I know I have all of the other necessary hardware.

Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
04 Ext, 94 deville
198 Posts
someone correct me if wrong but I believe Its behind Glove box! Isnt much behind panel at wheel except ignition wires which if theft recovered thats exactly what they were doin in there! Pretty sure its behind glove! If ya had the head unit already youd be able to find out if its still there by switching to xm band and seein what ya get ! Good luck and hope this helps!

·
Registered
Escalade ext
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone correct me if wrong but I believe Its behind Glove box! Isnt much behind panel at wheel except ignition wires which if theft recovered thats exactly what they were doin in there! Pretty sure its behind glove! If ya had the head unit already youd be able to find out if its still there by switching to xm band and seein what ya get ! Good luck and hope this helps!
Thanks, I did check behind the glove box. I see what I believe is the XM revceiver. The stereo that is in it is currently LOCKED. I have other more pressing needs, I was just curious. The Stereo that is in there now is an RDS stereo which I believe is XM ready.

Thanks
Marc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts