Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys are brilliant !! I just registered here today and ALREADY I have found out how to unlock my dvd while in gear !! LOVE it !!

Thought I would try one more thing. I have a CANADIAN 2004 CTS Lux Sport with Nav. I would like to get XM. Do I need a new receiver (and what is a fair installed price)? The salesman told me 2 years ago that all I would have to do was subscribe (once it was made available) ... now, service has no idea.

btw every once in a while (at night) XM1 has appeared on my display ... however, there has never been any audio signal received. strange

Thanks again !!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
If your car didn't come with XM from the factory, the only route to date is the 'radiosandmore.com' option. It integrates the XMDirect tuner to the Cadillac Class 2 serial bus. If you've seen an XM screen once or twice, then the radio is XM ready . . . you just need to add a tuner. It's very easy with their $300USD kit. If the factory XM tuner was installed, but not activated, you'd be able to see the menus, but only receive signal on channel 1 (the preview channel), which will also display the radio ID code that you need for activation.

Canadians have a different problem regarding XM. XM just started officially broadcasting Canadian content, but I recall some discussion of Canadian 'rules' to XM reception. I'm not sure you are 'allowed' to buy an XMDirect tuner in the US and have it installed in a Canadian car.

Any Canadian XM retrofitters have any info/comments on this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts