Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know, I keep reading rumors that the XLR V will have a supercharge N*, a Turbo N* , twin-turbo N*, etc. I'm thinking why not the motor out of the upcoming C6 Z06. Seems like it would go right in and with a rumored 500hp, that would be one hell of a halo car. Only draw back I see is that the new Z06 is suppose to be 18-24 months away. Any thoughts? Other Ideas?

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Yeah, I agree.. But, I wonder if GM wants that motor to be exclusive to the Z06.. That might be an issue.. If so, then I can see them using turbo or a super charger. Twin turbo would be pretty cool...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
On the topic of XLR's: They are the most beautiful thing ever. After I went on Cadillac.com anc checked out all the interior shots, I was in love with the thing. Now all I need is a lotto ticket and a lot of luck. ;)

I hope XLR's become the next big hit. There design is aesthetically breathtaking.

PS- The SRX is growing on me, and I really like the huge moonroof.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Speaking of the XLR, C&D Magazine has a comparison test of the XLR, SC430, XK8, SL500, and one other ....The XLR was third place, but it really impressed the folks at C&D. I guess the fit and finish is just awesome. I can't wait to see one in person someday soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i thought xlr-v is going to get cadillac's xv12 because it was specually designed so that their xv12 can fit in there good.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Cadillac needs to be more concerned about getting the REGULAR XLRs on the showroom before they even start thinking about a V series......

The closest Ive come to seeing one was on the superbowl when they gave away that red XLR to the MVP.. :rolleyes:

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Xv12 has been tested in the Escalde and Cadillac has stated that it wont fit in any other current car. The 12 will most likely find its way into the escalade-V, although there has been recent reports of a V10 as well

·
Registered
377 Posts
i saw a red xlr at the local dealership about 2 months ago....already sold lol. that car would look perfect next to my cts.......wait i should get the cts first hehe.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
elwesso said:
Cadillac needs to be more concerned about getting the REGULAR XLRs on the showroom before they even start thinking about a V series......

The closest Ive come to seeing one was on the superbowl when they gave away that red XLR to the MVP.. :rolleyes:
Actually Brady chose the CTS-V over the XLR as his superbowl mvp prize.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Think of it this way too, if you own an XLR; youre the first to get the Corvette C-6 thats comming in production very soon (XLR's chassis is the C-6's).

Yet, I or anyone else wouldnt mind seeing an XLR with a V-12 though. :lildevil:

·
GM Connection
1,286 Posts
elwesso said:
That's the whole point. The number of XLR's produced is exactly where GM want's it. It's intended as a limited production, high demand vehicle for a reason.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow I didn't know they are still so limited :confused: I drove one last summer (2003) and one in the fall (thanksgiving). We had the one in the summer for a few days. Awesome cars, probably the only automatic I'd ever consider buying.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
it should be pssible in 2 years , ive heard rumors that the C6 "Blue Devil" will get a extended wheelbase to move the front wheels out further to get the 8.0 in and still have decent balance , im sure once the devolpent is done on the LWB vette it should trikle down to the xlr and a v12 , the politics involoved wont be a issue by then either as the blue devil vette will still be faster (gm trying to move vette into viper territory)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Shouldn't need a blue devil Vette to move into Viper territory with a 500HP Z06...I personally am not sure as to why GM would create an even higher level Vette, but then maybe I just want to continue owning the top of the line with my '06 Z06 :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
Pete03Z06