Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a Corvette forum:
"OMG! wow. I went to a local drag strip today, and you wont believe what 2 cars pulled up. a c6 zo6 and a xlr-v. amazing looking cars- the caddy is soooo elegant yet sporty, pretty good run out of both of them. zo6 came out on top, but barely, didnt look like such a good launch but other than good shifting and everything, the vette ran an [email protected] and the caddy a [email protected] 120mph. I had no idea that the xlr-v was that quick. Its ashame that a company like GM that makes these works of art is falling right now. Hope they make it. Sorry i didnt have my camera or video camera-I HAVE SINNED. Was anybody in the houston area there that saw this."
Just a useless internet rumor? Maybe.
Here's a link-
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1259111&forum_id=100

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
XLR-V and STS-V are two entirely different cars sharing only a drivetrain. Mercedes' "55" cars behave very differently from one another. Also the XLR-V is built on a platform that was already dedicated to a sporting vehicle to begin with.

I think it is a little bit of a stretch to expect the XLR and STS results to be identical.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Playdrv4me said:
I think it is a little bit of a stretch to expect the XLR and STS results to be identical.
who is/was expecting that?

i am just saying that some people think the sts-v has been "underachieving" and now the xlr-v would be overachieving with a 12.0 at 120.

they might have some more confidence in the supercharged N* and in cadillacs V-division of cars.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
I dont know... It seemed like there was a little too much stock going into that single XLR's track performance. The bottom line remains that unfortunately the STS-V's numbers up to this point have been underwhelming. Hopefully the car will get some real world track time very soon to put the issue to rest once and for all. Id like to see the STS turn in some righteous track numbers of its own. That and the debate is starting to get old and the car isnt even here yet, It would be nice to see the STS-V forum be more like the CTS-V one rather than full of speculation.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,192 Posts
The XLR-V has the same power to weight ratio as a regular C6. Check out the times for the 6spd auto C6's, that's about what the XLR-V should run (same transmission with different rear ratios).

The car should break into the 12's consistently but it shouldn't run a 12 flat.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Sure. Of the three cars Im of the firm belief that both the XLR-V and CTS-V will be the best perceived by the public, despite the XLR-Vs high price tag (and of course the evidence weve already got with the CTS-V). I think the other two are going to be so good in fact, that the STS will just fade into obscurity, and thats my concern.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Crozier said:
From a Corvette forum:
"OMG! wow. I went to a local drag strip today, and you wont believe what 2 cars pulled up. a c6 zo6 and a xlr-v. amazing looking cars- the caddy is soooo elegant yet sporty, pretty good run out of both of them. zo6 came out on top, but barely, didnt look like such a good launch but other than good shifting and everything, the vette ran an [email protected] and the caddy a [email protected] 120mph. I had no idea that the xlr-v was that quick. Its ashame that a company like GM that makes these works of art is falling right now. Hope they make it. Sorry i didnt have my camera or video camera-I HAVE SINNED. Was anybody in the houston area there that saw this."
Just a useless internet rumor? Maybe.
Here's a link-
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1259111&forum_id=100
Hi Crozier, how are you doing?

My question, was it a XLR V or was it a tuned XLR????
As you know, these cars selling are scheduled for Jan 06 and right now no dealer has one.
If it would do the quarter in 12 @ 120 that would be fantastic but it`s almost impossible if the STS V does it in 13.2 at 105 so I would say like something in the high 12`s would be possible.

I hope to get some better infos on this 12 @ 120 XLR V

Harry

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but a stock XLR-V won't be running any 12 second flat passes. In fact, I predict it will be just a tick faster than the STS-V due to it's lighter weight. The link below has the wrong curb weight for the XLR-V. Figure it at about 3,850 same as the CTS-V.

http://www.fast-autos.net/cadillac/cadillacxlrv.html

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
As much as I like the XLR-V I'd be completely shocked if one could pull off 12.0 @ 120. Like that SRT-8 running a 12.5 stock... I just don't buy it. Especially since I don't believe any have been sold yet. If there were some out in the public I'd say maybe he had a nice spray bar on the intercooler.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I've been searching GM dealer inventory for weeks and I have yet to find an STS-V or an XLR-V.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
sometimes gm brings out cars that are not sold yet to the drag strips. I knew that new z06 runs 11.5 because i saw the video clip of one running that time well before it was available. It would be a pleasant surprise to see the xlr-v run that time.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,192 Posts
It has the same hp/lb ratio as the C6, it shares the 6spd auto with it, and the only difference is the rear diff ratio. If it's more conservative than the C6 Z51 it'll run a time closer to a non-Z51 C6, or around 12.8-13.0 at 112 - 113 mph.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts