Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

So let me start by saying I've been looking at ATS-V's and XLR-V's for a while now and its finally time to pull the trigger on one or the other. I've done plenty of research on both and driven both on multiple occasions, but for the sake of this post just pretend I'm ignorant. I figured before I made my final decision I would come to the forums and get some personal opinions, experiences, and anecdotes from owners themselves. I'm leaning more towards the ATS-V because they're more modern, repairs are more readily available, etc etc. But I personally prefer the style and experience the XLR-V gives.

Some prospective topics include:
1. Reliability:
a. In your experience how the reliability has been.
b. Your estimated repair cost.
c. Annual repair costs.
d. Frequency of repairs.
e. Things to look out for and common problems.
2. Overall enjoyability and personal experiences.
3. Options/Packages to look for and general recommendations.
4. Differences over the years of production / best year to look for.

If reliability and repairs were non-existent I would get the XLR-V without question because I'm in love with the experience and styling and uniqueness of the car, not to mention it's slightly cheaper, but it's missing out on a lot of modern technology that the ATS-V has and I've been told multiple times that parts and service are basically unattainable. If some owners would like to elaborate on their experience with the car I would appreciate that.

Feel free to mention anything else you think a prospective buyer should know.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey y'all,

So let me start by saying I've been looking at ATS-V's and XLR-V's for a while now and its finally time to pull the trigger on one or the other. I've done plenty of research on both and driven both on multiple occasions, but for the sake of this post just pretend I'm ignorant. I figured before I made my final decision I would come to the forums and get some personal opinions, experiences, and anecdotes from owners themselves. I'm leaning more towards the ATS-V because they're more modern, repairs are more readily available, etc etc. But I personally prefer the style and experience the XLR-V gives.

Some prospective topics include:
1. Reliability:
a. In your experience how the reliability has been.
b. Your estimated repair cost.
c. Annual repair costs.
d. Frequency of repairs.
e. Things to look out for and common problems.
2. Overall enjoyability and personal experiences.
3. Options/Packages to look for and general recommendations.
4. Differences over the years of production / best year to look for.

If reliability and repairs were non-existent I would get the XLR-V without question because I'm in love with the experience and styling and uniqueness of the car, not to mention it's slightly cheaper, but it's missing out on a lot of modern technology that the ATS-V has and I've been told multiple times that parts and service are basically unattainable. If some owners would like to elaborate on their experience with the car I would appreciate that.

Feel free to mention anything else you think a prospective buyer should know.

Thanks,
Matt
I've owned my XLR-V for about 4 years now, knock on wood no issues worth mentioning, however I do see other owners having some very expensive repairs here and there. So, just like any other rare or barely produced vehicle parts and labor can be pricey when stuff happens. I REALLY do enjoy the top down and 433 horses chomping at the pavement, really a blast to drive and unlike Corvettes you will not see another car just like yours out there. I think they only built a couple hundred with the exact same features as mine. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts