1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Looks like a very sweet ride to me

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
the interior is a little bit barren, and tehres not enough under the hood for me, but i like the rest

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Oh, I never said that White Diamond was any less than black. WD is my favorite color for Cadillacs.. Then maybe that pearl red or dark grey.. I forget the names right now..

I agree with Dead Sled about the interior being a little barren. I'm a big fan of Cadillac because of it's plushness.. The luxury. If I mostly cared about performance, my next car would be a Vette.. I hope Cadillac doesn't go the TIN CAN route on ALL their new cars.. I don't want to sit inside my old aluminum garbage can. I want leather all over the place, and wood everywhere.. And I want the sides and everything to be covered in leather - not this cold, hard aluminum look..

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I love black too but some cars just don't look good in black.
Perfect example is my wifes '01 Denali. The truck just looks like crap in black, so we bought the silver. There has to be some contrast on a vehicle unless the overall lines of it can support a single color. Cut-outs and holes through the body such as the front facsia can either be camoflaged by blending into a dark color, or be emphasized by contrasting a light color. So if you don't REALLY care for certain shapes of some body parts like glass areas, scoops, and other things, get a dark color and they kind of disappear. If you have a large panel that needs contrast to soften it, break it with a crease, add something to draw the eye, or order it in a light color so the normal items like glass areas and lamps will break it up.
It's all just a balancing act.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
You can't see black at night. That's my only problem with it.. A black ETC is barely noticed.. I do most of my driving - especially joy riding - at night. I'm at work during the day when it's light. So I prefer a lighter color.. I like my nice cars to be seen...

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
the Sandman said:
And not all black is the same. There are often many colors added to the black which change the "depth" of it. Plus pearls, metallics, flip flop, stuff like that.

As long as they don't release the XLR in the colorshifting paint I'll be happy.

why do i have a feeling we'll see something like that on MTV...as far as black its the only color i buy....to me black makes every car look better. i think it started when i bought a used 87 GN...ever since then all ive owned are black cars

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
my colors are Black with red trim. Ive been kicking around the Idea of painting my frame red .

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Dead Sled said:
my colors are Black with red trim. Ive been kicking around the Idea of painting my frame red .
um dead sled and red underside........ only think i can think of is all the people you ran over with your car.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
the Sandman said:
The Neiman-Marcus XLR looks awesome in the special UltraViolet color - it would be a tough choice between that and White Diamond.
Actually your choice just got easier. The Neiman Marcus Edition (99?) sold out in 15 minutes. So you'll have to settle on another color or pay WAY too much for a used NM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
the Sandman