Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys sorry I can't post pics or video for some reason but there is a short video I posted on you tube the car is not quite done yet but it is getting very close...
Here the video link tell me what you think
https://youtu.be/vEqT835BoLU

Pay attention to my buddy in the car starting it notice he used the start button and everything came alive ....

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're not willing to part with your secrets, could you give a hint as to how you got the LS3 computer to talk to the TCM, BCM, etc.? My view is if I spent the money for Cadillac luxury, I expect everything to work properly. You had stated you were willing to do the conversion. Does that mean you'd be willing to fine tune just the computer? I happen to have a converted Olds diesel (converted to FI, DIS, blueprinted, stroked to 425 cubes, 600-odd horsepower--all the computer inputs of an LS7) sitting on my engine stand and I really think it would be very unique and cool to have it in an XLR.

Obviously electronics are the big hold up. I've yet to find anyone willing to work on this one. Are you that exception?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
If you're not willing to part with your secrets, could you give a hint as to how you got the LS3 computer to talk to the TCM, BCM, etc.?
I think any hints would fall under the Official Secrets Act as well. I have to agree with you. Integrating anything other than a Northstar motor with the XLR electronics would be a nightmare.

Depending on the year of XLR you own, the Folding Top is especially prone to issues. When diagnosing problems on the XLR, two separate data busses are used by the Tech 2/MDI to perform a complete diagnostic routine, though specific sub-systems can be checked seperately. (XLR was the first Cadillac to have a one-step full diagnostic, common nowadays.) The bus would somehow have to be tricked into ignoring the multitude of ECU DTCs that would be flagged with an aftermarket engine.

Cheers! Here's to hoping you can find out how to accomplish your goal!

Note the video is unavailable. . .

CC

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,698 Posts
Obviously electronics are the big hold up. I've yet to find anyone willing to work on this one. Are you that exception?
"Ls3xlr" may be that exception, but they haven't logged into this forum since February 6th (according to their profile page), so it's unlikely you're going to get into contact with them here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But thats my secret though all the r&d i put in to making the electronics work correctly......
When i said im willing to do the conversion ill build the whole car theres alot of fab work involved
Both mechanical and electrial....
If you wanted to send me a car and your motor i could make it work
Tell me more about your motor
Is it desile or was it converted to gas
Its gotta be heavy as all get up if its an old desile block

Really the way to go is ls motor

----------

Your statment about tricking the computers is incorrect
You dont need to trick them because it could cause other problems
They need to all be happy with each other

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I think you and I probably have different definitions of what constitutes trickery. . . But that's MY secret!

CC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i guess i could consider it trickory i basicaly made the car think it supposed to have an ls in it....

Did i mention its an xlrv

----------

Well i guess i could consider it trickory i basicaly made the car think it supposed to have an ls in it....

Did i mention its an xlrv

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
But thats my secret though all the r&d i put in to making the electronics work correctly......
When i said im willing to do the conversion ill build the whole car theres alot of fab work involved
Both mechanical and electrial....
If you wanted to send me a car and your motor i could make it work
Tell me more about your motor
Is it desile or was it converted to gas
Its gotta be heavy as all get up if its an old desile block

Really the way to go is ls motor

----------

Your statment about tricking the computers is incorrect
You dont need to trick them because it could cause other problems
They need to all be happy with each other
Is this serious? I hope no one is considering sending their car and engine to someone with the spelling abilities of a 6 year old. You look even dumber by insisting an LS swap is complicated. It's a C5 underneath, which came with an LS! The BCM which handles all the interior functions doesn't car what engine is in the car, it just wants data to make the gauges function, and start/stop the engine. All engine operation is handled by the PCM, which needs to be matched to the engine. I really don't understand the need to be all secret squirrel about it. It's an engine swap, not the cure to cancer. Maybe it's just me, but I find this whole approach off putting to say the least. I'll gladly help anyone that wants to do an LS swap, and record every bit of data, so the entire forum can benefit.

----------

Wow. That took .5 seconds of youtube searching.

https://youtu.be/owNrbvh2KBA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats super funny that's a video of my car that one of my customers took....
Your statement only held on truth
The bcm doesn't care what engine the car has other then that the ecm controls more then just the engine and that the secret is the ecm program anyone can bolt parts on not just anyone can make a car with with a swap run like it came that way from the factory
Sound's like your super jelly....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats super funny that's a video of my car that one of my customers took....
Your statement only held on truth
The bcm doesn't care what engine the car has other then that the ecm controls more then just the engine and that the secret is the ecm program anyone can bolt parts on not just anyone can make a car with with a swap run like it came that way from the factory
Sound's like your super jelly....
Are you a member of *******.com? You sound familiar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
lasstss