Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an old post in the forum about XLR Build Sheets being available from the National Corvette Museum. I called today and indeed they are for most but not all cars. For some reason the plant did not provide all the build sheets to the museum library. These are the original build sheets, not copies. They were actually used in building the car. They may have masking tape, or be torn. I talked with Sharon in the library. She requested my VIN and found the build sheet while I was on hold. They can also create reproduction Window Stickers. I ordered both $45 each. I will probably display these at Cruise In's and local shows. FYI

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very interesting. I posted this a month ago. 87 views and no replies. I guess everyone already knew this or didn't care. Not used to a forum with no conversation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought an XLR earlier this year from the original owner. He gave me the window sticker.
But what is a "build sheet"? I'd like to know if it's worth $45 to get one.

·
Super Moderator 2003 Deville Base SEMPER PARATUS
4,336 Posts
Very interesting. I posted this a month ago. 87 views and no replies. I guess everyone already knew this or didn't care. Not used to a forum with no conversation.
to be fair, you did post this in one of the lesser traffic forums.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I bought an XLR earlier this year from the original owner. He gave me the window sticker.
But what is a "build sheet"? I'd like to know if it's worth $45 to get one.
A Build Sheet lists the as-built configuration of the car and are available from a dealership for most late-model vehicles. (They need the VIN to look it up.)

The factory Build Sheets (travelers) travel with the car down the line and inform the line workers what options/trim-specific parts to stuff in the car. Your RPO sticker located on the back side of the rat-fur covered panel covering the storage bin on the right side of the trunk lists what was placed in the car at time of build. For $45 it's redundant, depending on how deep your emotions are where the car is concerned.

The repro Window Stickers are copies of what was on the windshield when the car was delivered to the lot. That may be a little more interesting. With very little exception, (the XM satellite receiver being the only option) all 2004's and 2005's were the same, excluding interior and exterior colors. All were fully-loaded (with the previously mentioned exception.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts