Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother took these pics a couple days ago. Click here

He said the XLR looked very subdued in the smoked gray colour, and the SRX didn't seem much taller then the Seville.

I believe the XLR was going for $118,000 Cdn, so about $84500US. Not sure about the SRX.

Has anyone checked their local dealer yet?
This one only gets them for a week or two before having to ship it off to another one I believe.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
I'll take both!! They're gorgeous and in the best colors! I can't wait till they arrive at dealers around here...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
If the Aviator doesn't work out, I would definately look into the SRX. Sharp looking piece. I just couldn't bare to do another 1st year out GM car. I'd have to let these things mature a little before I bought one.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I like the SRX...... The XLR too........

The XLR was rated no. 2 in a recent test in road and track...... right behind the porsche 911 carrera...... Not bad if the caddy is keeping up with the porsche...... It beat out the MBZ sl500, maserati spyder GT, Lexus Sc430, and Jaguar XK8...... not bad if you ask me......

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Katshot said:
If the Aviator doesn't work out, I would definately look into the SRX. Sharp looking piece. I just couldn't bare to do another 1st year out GM car. I'd have to let these things mature a little before I bought one.
Kat, Are you coming around on the new styling direction? As I recall, you havent been a big fan.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Brett said:
Kat, Are you coming around on the new styling direction? As I recall, you havent been a big fan.
I don't know, still too early to say. The CTS still looks ugly to me unless it's in the white and has aftermarket wheels and grill. Then it actually looks pretty good to me. I have yet to see one in any other color that I liked other than the CTSv in black.
The SRX kinda surprised me too, although it comes on the heels of the similarly proportioned Chevy Equinox which I also find good looking. I find I have to take every vehicle individually. I can't just knock a whole design theme no matter how fun it maybe. ;)

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I dont see the resemblance, When I see Rendevous I think Aztec, which is what it is

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
204 Posts
Andrew60SP said:
My brother took these pics a couple days ago. Click here

Has anyone checked their local dealer yet?
I happened into Guy Hill Cadillac in San Diego on Saturday (Aug 2nd). They said they don't expect any until end of August. They said they are getting nine initially and four are already pre-sold.

I did get a new XLR brochure though. :) I don't believe its their main brochure but only a 4 or 5 page pictorial.

..rickko..

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Katshot said:
So now you like the N*?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Now that its RWD.......

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
As far as the SRX goes my bro has a new RX330 and it is pretty damn incredible. Well built, nice looks and Lexus has the highest customer satisfaction. That and the SRX is fugly.
The RX300 certainly was popular, and critically acclaimed - and the RX330 is a significant improvement. But don't dismiss the SRX - early reports seem to indicate its pretty awesome, and the Art and Science cars always look better in person than in pictures, especially in the "proper" colors. I would say the one area Cadillac really needs to worry about right now is the customer satisfaction issue. And tell your brother not to bother racing the SRX's that have dual exhaust!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts