Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
none yet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
money aside which one to buy and why.
be critical let it all out on this one, this coming monday is when i buy!

:want:

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Coming to a CTS-V board and asking a bunch of V2 owners which one to buy is kind of silly.

Then to exclude money which is the biggest factor. 80k starting price loses my attention quick.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
106 Posts
I thought the XFR was similarly priced to the CTS-V, I know the XKR is alot more. I was going to get XFR for a long time but when I heard of the V I just waited it out. IMO the XFR is a little more classy looking, The CTS-V is a big bully.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
25 Posts
CTS-V all the way!
Why? Well it's only got...

More hp, more tq.
Optional Manual
Better styling (in my opinion)
$20k less (but i'd go w the V even if they were the same price)
Easier and cheaper to modify
2nd Gen V (first gen of the XF-R, might have bugs...)
American Pride
Record setting performance

But it all depends on what you like better. If you love Jaguar then check it out, but every Jag i've had has more problems than an ex-wife.

Just know, if you buy the XF-R it won't be long before a new CTS-V comes by and kills your $90k Jag. And then how will you feel?

Seriously though, good luck! Hope you'll be joining the V club soon.

·
Registered
13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)
446 Posts
To look at both cars objectively, I think you need to look at the XF a little closer. Now that TATA has purchased the company, if you are planning to drive it into the ground, then repair/part cost might hurt the pocket book. If getting rid of it sooner than later, with Ford no longer involved, the resale value may suffer under the a company like TATA. Who knows their long term plans.

The XF-R is more of a refined car whereas the V looks more like an aggressive, get out of my way vehicle. The styling on the V is more sharper whereas the XF is more curvy. One thing that has always been an issue is Jaguar reliability. They have improved vastly but I think when you look at powertrain and maturity, the V with its 6.2 is tested and proven to take the abuse you can throw at it.

Just my initial thoughts... again, I think it depends on what your after. When I see an XF-R, I think of a older mature guy who is just about cruising the town knowing the power is there. The V is more of a younger guy who not only wants to know he has the power, but clearly show the power.

·
Registered
none yet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to all i am the younger guy who is going to send the cts-v to hennessey to get modded. with parts from w4m.
the main reason i was curious was for my wife.
we each get to get a new veh.
so bring it on as far as the opinions, please!
time is limited
:confused:

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
I thought the XFR was similarly priced to the CTS-V, I know the XKR is alot more. I was going to get XFR for a long time but when I heard of the V I just waited it out. IMO the XFR is a little more classy looking, The CTS-V is a big bully.

euro snobs probably would run for cover if they saw this V2 comming down the road, and have to hike up their diapers....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...-2009/161355-2009-cts-v-dyno-video-541-a.html

·
Registered
none yet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my other question is the noise at idle from the idler pulley at idle?
so cts-v is what i should buy?
what do all of you think of hennessey performance?

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
my other question is the noise at idle from the idler pulley at idle?
so cts-v is what i should buy?
what do all of you think of Hennessey performance?
\&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

many V2 owners have opinions, I have none. Other than euro snobs can fish elsewhere, and complain about the V2 to others

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
blue if your serious about modding a V2 your about to buy it comes down to 2 things. Are you mechanically inclined and enjoy working on cars or prefer it done by someone else.

wait4me sells the individual parts while Hennessey sells the package. Don't get me wrong wait4me has a 4,000 dollar package as well that will give you around 600rwhp but he is the only one breaking up the parts and allows us to choose. Hennessey gives you are warranty which is a big plus. Hennessey has a rocky history but recently has turned things around and making customers happy. One guy on this board just bought the package from them and had nothing but great things to say.

A lot of us are experimenting with the mods, posting pictures, sharing experiences. The mods are new so there is a lot of experimenting going on.

Swapping pulleys does not affect the sound at idle and actually improves mpg. The sound will get louder at WOT.

·
Registered
none yet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i like the warranty that HPE offers, excellence is what i am after!
i might have to combine some of the w4f parts with HPH parts to achieve optimal performance. and i work at a machine shop, we build drag and circle track motors with great success! all lasting more than 4+ years.
but it is all old school performance, which is why i need opinions on the new school stuff.

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
i like the warranty that HPE offers, excellence is what i am after!
i might have to combine some of the w4f parts with HPH parts to achieve optimal performance. and i work at a machine shop, we build drag and circle track motors with great success! all lasting more than 4+ years.
but it is all old school performance, which is why i need opinions on the new school stuff.
The guts of the V2 have been around a lot of years so it is not too new school.

If your after the warranty get the Hennessey package and combine it with the 8.5" crank pulley from wait4me. That will put you at 15 pounds of boost and with the other components Hennessey offers will get you to 600rwhp. I would opt out of the headers though because the manifolds in this car rock. I hate the resonance headers create and would really bug the crap out of me in a luxury sedan.

I would use wait4me's tune.

Bear in mind though there is a big price difference between the wait4me and Hennessey packages so your gonna pay for the warranty.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
557 Posts
Was looking over W4M, Lingenfelter, Hennessey, and see Hennessey being more expensive, by a wide margin, over the other 2.... but I live like 1 hour from Hennessey and many many hours from W4M or Lingenfelter...... BAH
Moreover, I don't know any good "performance" mechanics that would install for me if I ordered the parts...... screwed x2!!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
To look at both cars objectively, I think you need to look at the XF a little closer. Now that TATA has purchased the company, if you are planning to drive it into the ground, then repair/part cost might hurt the pocket book. If getting rid of it sooner than later, with Ford no longer involved, the resale value may suffer under the a company like TATA. Who knows their long term plans.

The XF-R is more of a refined car whereas the V looks more like an aggressive, get out of my way vehicle. The styling on the V is more sharper whereas the XF is more curvy. One thing that has always been an issue is Jaguar reliability. They have improved vastly but I think when you look at powertrain and maturity, the V with its 6.2 is tested and proven to take the abuse you can throw at it.

Just my initial thoughts... again, I think it depends on what your after. When I see an XF-R, I think of a older mature guy who is just about cruising the town knowing the power is there. The V is more of a younger guy who not only wants to know he has the power, but clearly show the power.

Considering Cadillac is looking to attract a younger more affluent crowd I think that is a good thing.

Make mine a CTS-V, American and not Indian. Make mine a Cadillac, a car that I can rely on.:bouncy:

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V
231 Posts
The V is an awesome car but honestly, I felt like it's best characteristic was its Detroit heritage. It's time to start supporting the home team. I am very proud to be driving an American car again.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Plus I have some in stock so you should by from me.

I have some discounted pricing.

·
Registered
'10 CTS-V
9 Posts
Will try this again... First attempt was denied due to including a hyperlink on my first site posting.

Wanted to add a bit of data to the concerns about reliability. Apparently Jag has got their overall act together about having long term dependable cars, but the XF in particular is having first year/first gen production issues. They claim to have them all figured out, but it's worth knowing about. Cut and paste the link below for info from the latest JD Power reports released on Weds.

wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/23/xf-lowers-jaguars-quality-ranking/

As for me, I like both cars, but my presence on this forum probably tells you which one I lean to. Actually looking for my own 6sp loaded non-black monster v to drive and will be bugging the dealers soon. Daily driver so won't be doing much of anything to modify it - I've got a sideoiler in a cobra at home that's much more fun to tinker with.

Hope to see you guys on the road soon.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts