Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please tell me guys. Is an x-pipe available for the factory exhaust without changing anything else???????????:bigroll:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
How much would a typical exhaust shop charge to fab an x-pipe into the factory exhaust? I have the mufflers already swapped and just have to have the x-pipe now!

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
LV_V said:
How much would a typical exhaust shop charge to fab an x-pipe into the factory exhaust? I have the mufflers already swapped and just have to have the x-pipe now!
Page wildwhl, he took all the bunny fuzz out of the factory mufflers. Maybe he's put them on by now...

paging Mr. Can't stop modding.. we need a sound track..

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
OK. Will I add an x-pipe to the ultra simple muffler mod factory exhaust?

YES. Because as Denniscars clearly states, I'm an addict. I'll be doing an x-pipe with electric cutouts - because - well - I can ;) and I'll NEED to be loud sometimes!

DaveBlk -

If you want an ultra simple (the simplest mod I've done to the V) exhaust mod for a little more sound (but certainly not too much and absolutely no drone), well, get yourself a uni-bit (step-drill) and drill a 7/8" or 1" hole in the top of each muffler on one of the flat areas. Then, using a hook of some sort, or needlenose pliers, grap ahold of the fiberglass inside (wear gloves and a mask isn't a bad idea) and start pulling. You'll be surprised how much is in there.

How to seal the hole.

7/8" and 1" snap in chrome hole plugs are available at nearly any hardware store. They're normally used in plumbing, sinks, faucets, etc. A little copper rtv around the edge and snap it in place. Best to let it dry - but it really isn't under very much pressure. RTV probably isn't necessary.

Total mod time <1 hour.

Now for the xpipe - I'll know in the next week or so - and of course will keep you posted via this forum.

WW

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about power gain on the muffler guts removal???? Do you or have you dynoed after and how much louder is it??? If i do the X-PIPE after won't it be droning???:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That x-pipe probably is a universal fit?? It will probably need to be added onto to fit???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts