Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I've heard talk of this "x pipe" thing, and even seen and read out it. Question is, does the Borla exhaust come with one? If not, where can I get one that will fit with the Borla exhaust and the headers/cats coming from CMS?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Most of the aftermarket exhaust guys make X-Pipes. You will increase the noise level a tad. I've seen a couple of designs. I like this one the most. A lot of the V guys have used it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
I don't mind the noise, I'm just looking for additional power. Where can I find that one?
I think I am the only CTS guy that has put an X pipe on the CTS and it gave me very noticeable torque

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
CadiKing2006 said:
do you sell X-pipes?
I know a place where I can get them for a good price. Remember dont just try to replace the stock resonator with an X pipe you need to replace the stock resonator with a magnaflow muffler and put the X pipe right before it.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i'm suprised your willing to ditch a very high quality borla resonator for an X-pipe. like marine said, if anything i'd put the x-pipe in front of the resonator. i like the borla too much, and don't see myself hacking it up...i'd be curious as to the results, though...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
i'm suprised your willing to ditch a very high quality borla resonator for an X-pipe. like marine said, if anything i'd put the x-pipe in front of the resonator. i like the borla too much, and don't see myself hacking it up...i'd be curious as to the results, though...
Not sure who you're addressing here 3x0. This is totally confusing me. I understood the purpose of the resonator was to equalize pressure and destroy undesirable harmonics. The X-Pipe was designed to do the same thing but eliminate the muffling of the OEM resonator. If you were to cut one open you would see it's packed with fiberglass. Doug (CTS-V05) in the V Forum cut his open and put his own h-pipe inside. He wanted it to look stock.

If you use the X-pipe and a Borla resonator isn't that being redundant?:hmm:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Not sure who you're addressing here 3x0. This is totally confusing me. I understood the purpose of the resonator was to equalize pressure and destroy undesirable harmonics. The X-Pipe was designed to do the same thing but eliminate the muffling of the OEM resonator. If you were to cut one open you would see it's packed with fiberglass. Doug (CTS-V05) in the V Forum cut his open and put his own h-pipe inside. He wanted it to look stock.

If you use the X-pipe and a Borla resonator isn't that being redundant?:hmm:
I actually tried to use the X pi pe without a center muffler and it doesnt works too well then I put a magnaflow center muffler right after the X pipe and gained a lot of torque. If the borla has a muffler replacing the stock resonator I would leave it there and put an X pipe right before it. I am not speaking by what sounds like the right thing to do I am speaking from what I experienced.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
^^^^^^^

exactly.
Zackly what? Who you talking to again 3x0.:D

I'm not saying SD is wrong and he sure has the most experience here. It just seems redundant and extra work on the exhaust. you would think any extra disturbances in the flow of the gases would be a hinderance. Oh well, I probably won't go the X-pipe route but it is nice to understand how things work.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i'm not EXACTLY sure how it works, robert. would i put an X-pipe on my borla? no. not unless i knew it made a hell of a difference. furthermore, in the future i'll remember to address each person i respond to...this will alleviate any said confusion.

and the "exactly" was referring to SD's post.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
i'm not EXACTLY sure how it works, robert. would i put an X-pipe on my borla? no. not unless i knew it made a hell of a difference. furthermore, in the future i'll remember to address each person i respond to...this will alleviate any said confusion.

and the "exactly" was referring to SD's post.
YEAH..SOMETIME IN THE LATE AFTERNOON THE JUICES IN MY BRAIN BEGIN TO JELLO.:yup: :eek:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
RobertCTS said:
YEAH..SOMETIME IN THE LATE AFTERNOON THE JUICES IN MY BRAIN BEGIN TO JELLO.:yup: :eek:
I think its called Menopause. :eek:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
RobertCTS said:
My employee say I have "Old Timers Disease":(

SD do you think you'll ever make it to the drag strip? Some 1/4 times would be exciting.:yup: :bouncy: :thumbsup:
Unfortuntely they dont have 1/4 strips in San Diego if I l ive in Los Angeles it would be a different story.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts