Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my 2.25" X-pipe and magnaflow dual in/out center muffler yesterday. I also kept the V-pipes. I was planning on ditching the V-pipes, but when my exhaust guy cut off the V-resonator and I measured the interior diameter of the V-pipes and compared with the X-pipes and center muffler, they seemed almost identical to me...For some reason, I thought the V-pipes were 2.5" in diameter??? Well, the difference in the interior diameter was definitely less than .25" (was about 2mm, if even). Anyway, the drone I expereinced at cruise is significantly reduced, interior noise is down. I still have a low deep sound, and my CTS is pulling ass....No scientific data here, but I definitely feel a difference in the way I am pinned against the car seat when I punch it...Now I can't wait to install the headers...I took some pics with my new Motorola Razr phone, but I am still figuring out how to upload pics from the phone etc......will post when I have this cell phone figured out...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
pjohnesq said:
Just installed my 2.25" X-pipe and magnaflow dual in/out center muffler yesterday. I also kept the V-pipes. I was planning on ditching the V-pipes, but when my exhaust guy cut off the V-resonator and I measured the interior diameter of the V-pipes and compared with the X-pipes and center muffler, they seemed almost identical to me...For some reason, I thought the V-pipes were 2.5" in diameter??? Well, the difference in the interior diameter was definitely less than .25" (was about 2mm, if even).
I like your setup. Is yours an automatic as mine is due to it being our third automobile for when we have guests and my Mrs. enjoys driving it too. I would like to go your route minus the headers. Where did you purchase your system (if you don't mind me asking)? Any trouble smogging it here in SoCal? Thanks.

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
SoCadillac said:
I like your setup. Is yours an automatic as mine is due to it being our third automobile for when we have guests and my Mrs. enjoys driving it too. I would like to go your route minus the headers. Where did you purchase your system (if you don't mind me asking)? Any trouble smogging it here in SoCal? Thanks.
Socad-
Here is a ML-V system for you.....
http://Cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60938
PJ and I had the same system until he installed the new X-Pipe and Muffler.
Im going to install an X-pipe and dual resonators.....

www.cardomain.com/ride/833649

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
SdMarineGuy said:
I think going with a dual in dual out muffler is a lot better that dual resonators because if you have dual resonators it gives your exhaust less chance to even itself out.
Ive been talking to Zoomers about this setup for a while, they seemed to think X-pipe with dual resonator. Thier resonators are simialer to Magnaflows wide open series mufflers. So im going to install either Zoomers or Magnaflows Wide Open series....

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
onephatguy said:
Where did you get your X pipe? Who is the manufacturer? And hurry up and post the pics! Another time I'm going to STEAL from you.:sneaky:

We got to get a meet going for spring of 06.
I got the X-pipe and Magnaflow Muffler from SDMarineGuy. He knew a place where he could get the X-pipe and muffler at a reasonable price, then he shipped them to me in LA. If I can't post pics (I took them with my phone instead of my camera), I have the same set up as SD and he has pics on in the headers thread

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SoCadillac said:
This guy in Palmdale is selling one for 50 bucks http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60938
I have an auto - My system is the V-exhaust (purchased from V-forum Member) - Magnaflow Mufflers (Nabers Cadillac - Costa Mesa, my dealer), X-pipe and Magnaflow Center muffler dual in/out (Purchased through SDMarineGuy - he knows a place that is pretty rerasonable) As far as smog, since I bought the car new, I neve had an issue with smog tests. I don't think I will ever have to do a smog test on this car, unless I sell it, then the new owner would have to get the smog test done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts