Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my V color sanded christmas eve and it got rid of all of my small scratches and brought the color out. I wished I could take better detailed pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think the pics look sick, Awesome job really brings out the color
WHAT rims and how dropped is your car????? perfect stance in my opinion

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alcast082 said:
I think the pics look sick, Awesome job really brings out the color
WHAT rims and how dropped is your car????? perfect stance in my opinion
I have Asanti AF-117 forged 20" wheels. My car has eibach springs on it that I had compressed acouple of months ago (I think to 3,400 pounds, but I don't remember off-hand)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A color sand is where they sand the clear coat with a very very very fine grip sand paper. After that the clay bar takes all of the wax and rubbing compound off of the car to elimate the swirls and wax/polish build up. A fresh coat of polish is buffed onto the car and then it is waxed over to protect the clear coat. It cost my girlfriend 900 for the whole detail including the interior. The detailer is in Huntington Beach, CA and if anyone is interested they can PM me for his phone number.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
blackonblack,
That sounds like something I need to do to. Now I know how to ask for that kind of work.;)

Also, the wheels you have according to Asanti's website are the AF-123's. The AF-117's are the ones I had ordered. Unfortunately the shop I ordrered them from made a mistake. What I ended up getting were AF-116's 20x8.5 front and 20x9.5 rear. They still look good but I'm not happy with the way the offset or fitment in front is. I currently rub on 245/35 Nitto NT-555 tires in front. I'm on stock ride height too. The tires rub on the tabs holding the bumper. Can you share with me what size tire you are running in front?

Thanks....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm running the same size with my drop, but forunately, i pulled out my plastic fenders and grinded the metal that would have rubbed on my tires. The only part of my car that rubs is my front bumper because GM made it sooo low down in relativity to the side skirts and rear bumper. I do rub on metal over some speed bumps that I take too fast, but the ride height in the front is perfect for looks, but not ideal for fast driving on the freeway (scrape)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am also running the Nitto Nt-555 but I am going to get the Toyo Proxes T1-R's next week. I am going to go with 245/30/20 rear and 225/35/20 front.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to flare the fenders 1/2 of an inch when i get my new tires mounted and balanced.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
Thanks for sharing what you are going thru. I just can't understand why Iforged can better size the wheels for some of the members in here that have 255/30/20 tires in front and are lowered, while Asanti has us rubbing on stock height with the recommended tire for our 20's?

Anyhow, I'm going to contact my wheelshop. We did trim a little from where the fender and bumper meet. However, that isn't where the front tires are rubbing. So, I'm going to have my wheelshop fix this. Asanti needs to take measurements again and do it right this time. Paying $1k per wheel and they still rub, SUCKS!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VELOSE said:
Thanks for sharing what you are going thru. I just can't understand why Iforged can better size the wheels for some of the members in here that have 255/30/20 tires in front and are lowered, while Asanti has us rubbing on stock height with the recommended tire for our 20's?

Anyhow, I'm going to contact my wheelshop. We did trim a little from where the fender and bumper meet. However, that isn't where the front tires are rubbing. So, I'm going to have my wheelshop fix this. Asanti needs to take measurements again and do it right this time. Paying $1k per wheel and they still rub, SUCKS!

I've driven my car to Lexani twice. They put new centers in and the bore was closer to the brake in order to pull the tire away from the side of the fender. They still rub, so hopefully the toyo's have a skinnier side wall. I'm going to buy a set of HRE 570R's in a 19" inch and actually have a staggered lip in the back.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
I was thinking trimming the bore and getting the wheel closer to the caliper might give me enough room too. I'm not planning to drop my car as much as you have. So just a little will help. Also, going down to a 235/35 in front will possibly eliminate rub for me. The good thing is Nitto has the 235/35 tire in the same NT-555 extremes I have. So that might be the solution.

Anyhow, to stay on topic, I want my car detailed for next summers' shows.:D

Thanks again...

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Looks really sweet. Do you get to wash it yourself under that protection? I really love the BBB with polished lips.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had it all professionally done. I didn't want to apply wet sandpaper to my car with no prior expierence.

BTW: Is there anyone in Orange County who has a maggie on their V who wants to drive my car, to see if my boost is right? I would like to drive another Maggied V because I do not think mine is performing how it should. My boost doesn't kick in until about 4,600 rpm most of the time, but sometimes it kicks in at 3,000

1 - 16 of 16 Posts