Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. A few weeks back, my car started making exremely bad noises. When I used the heater, it eventually made something go. We towed it to the shop. They fixed it. They disconnected the condenser and fixed the other noise. I think it was the lower manin bearing or something like that. It's at the bottom of the block on the pulley side. The noise went away for a few weeks. It's back now. The car still is running...but it's just loud and annoying. What is this problem that I keep having? And why won't it go away? Everything I fix on this car comes back in a week or so. If I have to spend one more cent on this car I'm gonna shoot it.

:bonkers:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
is it a thumping sound?? If it is, i would say (not that im an expert or anything) that its the typical main bearing thump. My 92 Sedan deVille has it, as do all the 4.9's from 91, and i believe that the 4.1 had a problem with this also. But im not sure if this was a big problem with the 4.5's

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not really a "thump". It's sorta like a light grinding noise. Nothing horrible...but just like something rubbing. I looked in the engine bay, flicked the throttle body a few times, and didn't see anything. I'm at a loss. It sounds like a lesser sound of what ahppened last time that that bearing completely went. I think it did at least. Supposedly they fixed it. The car was purring along for a week or two...then it's doing this noise now. What do I do?

* rant *

·
Registered
70 Fleetwood, 87 and 90 Brougham, 94 Fleetwood
215 Posts
Remove the belt and start the engine, that will eliminate, or point to a accessory that is run by the belt.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts