Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Last week I posted about the CEL warning light in my 2014 ATS 3.6 Premium . I took it last Monday to the only dealer in Saudi Arabia for 2nd maintaince and for this issue, they didn't provide me with loaner and I called on Thursday they told me that they need to replace crank shaft sensor and the part is in their other storing facility. I called today and didn't get an answer so I went to their center and they told me that the part didn't arrive and if they get it befor the end of working day it might finish the day after tomorrow I asked for complementary car they said we don't have any I told them to rent an equivalent car for me they said hell NO I picked a fight with manager and finally he told me that there is 2013 ATS with customer and his car is ready he will bring it later today and I can pick it.
Is this STANDARD OF THE WORLD SERVICE?????
I was thinking of moving up in the future in Cadillac lineup but now I have to rethink that.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
Your problem has nothing to do with Cadillac as they do not OWN the dealership. Cadillac dealers are franchised by GM Cadillac Division. In your case your screwed do to where you live as there is not another dealer just down the road.

We in the US are lucky in that we can be on the road and stop at any Cadillac dealer for service. As a matter of fact you can stop at any GM dealer in an emergency. I get my Caddy parts from the the local Chevy dealer just down the road from me.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I live Saudi Arabia where a large number of luxury car are being sold Cadillac should take a good care of the market . In Saudi Arabia the German 3 and Lexus are outselling cadillac by 10 to 1 . In the 80s cadillac used to be the official car of the king and royalitys and the wealthy now nobody look at it not because cadillac became lazy in the 90s but due to the poor service.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Since I live Saudi Arabia where a large number of luxury car are being sold Cadillac should take a good care of the market . In Saudi Arabia the German 3 and Lexus are outselling cadillac by 10 to 1 . In the 80s cadillac used to be the official car of the king and royalitys and the wealthy now nobody look at it not because cadillac became lazy in the 90s but due to the poor service.
There would be NO way I would own a Cadillac in many markets. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem in Saudi arabia we only have exclusive dealer to each brand they all powerful and above the so called law so they will treat us like sh*t and we have to thank them

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
Sand storms like that and heat? I'm driving a tank with chrome wheels and tracks out that piece:highfive: If I could get away with that here I would. Road rage? No problem take that.
The problem in Saudi arabia we only have exclusive dealer to each brand they all powerful and above the so called law so they will treat us like sh*t and we have to thank them

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
You have 3 choices.
1 - Live with it
2 - Move to a Cadillac friendly place
3 - Learn to fix it yourself.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,399 Posts
You have 3 choices.
1 - Live with it
2 - Move to a Cadillac friendly place
3 - Learn to fix it yourself.
4 - sell the car and move on.

If true that all dealers treat everyone like sh*t, personally I would skip on the "luxury" brands and would feel a little better about how I was treated if I wasn't paying a premium for the car.

Also not understanding how this works. All dealers (all brands) treat everyone like sh*t, wouldn't one of them wise up, get known for excellent customer service and take everyone's business?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
David... thanks for adding that one.

I had an issue with the Dodge dealer.... I got the Service Manager off to the side and had a long talk with him. I showed him documentation on the problem, showed him my PIAD invoice and showed him where the SA just flat lied to me. Needless to say I now have a different SA and my car is handled differently.

What is really funny is that once you complain you stop getting service surveys. My Caddy dealer bends over backwards to get 100% customer sat. 9 out of 10 times I get a letter BEFORE i get the survey asking for 100% on the survey. If I have a problem they want a chance to fix it.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4 - sell the car and move on.

If true that all dealers treat everyone like sh*t, personally I would skip on the "luxury" brands and would feel a little better about how I was treated if I wasn't paying a premium for the car.

Also not understanding how this works. All dealers (all brands) treat everyone like sh*t, wouldn't one of them wise up, get known for excellent customer service and take everyone's business?
Dude they don't care the cater to the corrupt wealthy who keep the cars for a year only and by the way we don't have taxes just 5% import fees and we pay at least 15% more then US

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Luxury
40 Posts
Well, looks like you need to move out of SA. This is part of the world mentality problem not Cadillac by it self.
Sorry Dude...

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
first problem: you are in saudi arabia. second problem: the private dealership. not the problem: cadillac

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Fullmoon909... no taxes 5% import fee and 15% more than US - MSRP? How much does gas cost per gallon?

US - Texas - 6.25% sales tax
US - Gas guzzler tax
US - License and documentation fees
US - Saudi Gas $3 a gallon
US - Dealer Shop Labor rate - $$$$ hour

Bottomline - choose your poison.

C

·
0 Posts
Cadillac is part of the problem if and when they can not insure proper customer service is being provided by their dealership franchises.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
I would think that would be pretty motivating. Do the dealers have a standard (minimum) set by Cadillac as part of the franchise agreement?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I would think that would be pretty motivating. Do the dealers have a standard (minimum) set by Cadillac as part of the franchise agreement?
I doubt we will ever find out unless someone leaks the info or you get a copy of the franchise agreement and then you will need a law degree to read and understand it.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Maybe that's the problem, dealers don't understand it :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts