Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac CTS 06

Ok if anyone has any of these available please let me know, I cannot PM people because I only have 5 posts so just reply in here or email me at [email protected].

Looking for

CTS-V Grill (im not really a poser but it does give the cadillac a way cleaner look with the mesh grill, I DONT NEED CTS V BADGES! :tisk: )

Possibly the Stock Navigation/antenna. I am just debating and seeing how long it takes to remove the dash. I have yet to find any tutorials on here upgrading a NAV in a base CTS.

33-52 PC Real aluminum dash kit, i doubt any of you are gonna be selling this but what the heck, I might be ordering from wooddashexperts this week.

also is there a such thing as Tinted tailight covers? are they legal if so? Or is it just a tint film they put over the tails.

also for the hell of it 20" black wheels/tires. Pictures would be great

thats it for now thanx guys :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also im gonna need to know where to get Bumper Plugs. I am gonna take the front end license plate off I never really like them. Every car/truck I owned never had one. Can i get these at pep boys? first time doing this only time i had this sort of problem I upgraded my front bumper that had no holes that was for my Acura MDX

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
To answer the question about upgrading from base stereo to Nav, the complete writeup is on the Cadillac FAQ, another completely invaluable site.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/navconvert/index.html

Installing the Nav takes an hour, hour and half tops.

BUT, on the 2006-2007 models with 18" wheels, they cannot install the Nav at the factory/dealer because the pre-2008 does not display/output information from the tire pressure sensors that are part of the 18" appearance package.

Sorry I can't help with the rest!

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
since I am only keeping this car for 6 months I think ill be sticking with Garmin.. It doesnt seem that hard for the stock NAV install but the voice command/where the NAV is talking/command seems like a nightmare. Looks pretty rediculas how much you have to deal with.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Uhm, you do know that the next gen CTS-V is not going to be available until late 2008 or sometime in 2009, as a 2009 model, right? I don't know how well this six month lease is going to work out for you if you are waiting for the next generation CTS-V.

Regarding navigation, the Garmin is a lot easier to install. Some people focus on aesthetics, others on functionality. Garmin is the functional choice.

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well yea I gotta good deal on a friends lease taking over its only for 6 months. I can even pay off the final cost if i like. Which would be around $16,500-17000. Which is a great deal because its only got around 28000 miles and the book right now is $24-25,000. I might buy it out right to sell it private to try and make a few bucks :) but yea if the Cadillac stock navigation sucks for performance then whats the point. Of course it looks amazing because it looks flawless and stylish but i actually use navigation a lot. Garmin is a great thing.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Cadillac CTS 06

Ok if anyone has any of these available please let me know, I cannot PM people because I only have 5 posts so just reply in here or email me at [email protected].

Looking for

CTS-V Grill (im not really a poser but it does give the cadillac a way cleaner look with the mesh grill, I DONT NEED CTS V BADGES! :tisk: )

Possibly the Stock Navigation/antenna. I am just debating and seeing how long it takes to remove the dash. I have yet to find any tutorials on here upgrading a NAV in a base CTS.

33-52 PC Real aluminum dash kit, i doubt any of you are gonna be selling this but what the heck, I might be ordering from wooddashexperts this week.

also is there a such thing as Tinted tailight covers? are they legal if so? Or is it just a tint film they put over the tails.

also for the hell of it 20" black wheels/tires. Pictures would be great

thats it for now thanx guys :)
CTS-V Grill $120 shipped. I had a deal pending with another member but funds were never sent so if you want it its yours. I am also throwing in the CTS-V radiator cover so this price for both is a steal.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
CTS-V Grill $120 shipped. I had a deal pending with another member but funds were never sent so if you want it its yours. I am also throwing in the CTS-V radiator cover so this price for both is a steal.
Good price. Nice of you to assist a fellow CTS owner.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
tomm ill take it can u send me some pictures? id really appreciate that man u accept paypal?
Sorry, I just sold it to another forum member and he already paid...

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow why didn't you just wait ? I was really interested in this. You should of never mentioned it I was ready to pay and all.

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You couldn't wait for my reply? I dont live on this forum. But man you offered me a deal and without even waiting to hear from my response. I think thats a bit messed up but whatever I guess

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
well tomm was probably pretty tired of a little thing that goes on in forums. its refferred to as "false dibs"
people will say dibs on stuff and then not be able to pay right then or string you along and then not buy it off of you.
i just got nailed week, a guy was offering his cts-v sway bars and i said i would buy them and got the shipping money down and set the deal. this was friday night, i leave work, have a busy weekend, then come in on monday all set to send money and the guy goes "oh sorry man, but saturday some guy had the cash so he got it.. sorry bud"

cash in hand.

so now, lets look at getting you some rims and wheels.

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea but I just find it a bit unfair he posts in my thread offering me a grill not even a few hours ago. I just got back to check the forum and was so excited I was willing to paypal him immediatly, I was even willing to give him more then what he was asking. I am not a deadbeat but hey its fine because next time I know not to deal with people like that.

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyways back at it again im in need of

Clear Fogs

CTS V Mesh grill top/bottom pcs

Possibly dual exhaust tips if anyone has them laying around or ill snag them on ebay today or tomorrow

black 18-20" wheels/tires

tinted tail light covers, again Im curious if there plastic covers for CTS or is it like the tint they use for windows?

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
alright
you can get a grill here that is pretty much a clone of the cts-v grille:http://www.vertexracing.com/product.php?pid=2067&xcSID=0d056563a3bf72ff40b55eeeef3c9a24

you can sometimes find it on ebay for a little less. no biggie.

tail lights.. no, there is no cover made for them.
you "can" have them tinted with tint film OR you can get something called nightshades which is pretty much spray on tint. if you want a pro look send them out to be done.
you would have to sand the tail lights, paint them with night shades, let dray, second coat to get them darker if you want, clear coat, then another clear coat then polish them again and reinstall, otherwise it turns out a little foggy.
maybe a good tint shop could do the tint with film.

the exhaust tips are lame. well they are better than nothing but you migh tas well save up and have a little custom work done.

rims and tires. again. www.victoriatire.com has real good deals, you can even search for packages by car.
try it.

fast one

VERDE KAOS BLACK - Black w/Chrome Lip FinishWheel & Tire Package</B>Wheel SizeTire SizeTire TypePackage Price/Set </B>Option 1. 20x8.5 245/35ZR20 STRATA ZENO$1825

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I remember victoria tire, i purchased rims from them maybe 3 years ago years ago when I had my Audi S4 really great place to deal with. Reason I wanna do the rice tips hah is because I dont wanna have no welding done on my exhaust. I am still undecided what im doing with the car. Also those are aftermarket CTS grills? Not a huge fan. I wish tomm didn't even bother posting but some people just don't think. Anyways im probably gonna have to spend like $300-400 for a grill. I already saw that one coming.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
PokerBrat- For real aluminum dash kits, try www.YoCar.com. Nice people with a good selection and pricing. Garmin's a good investment; bluetooth, gas,food, hotel, bar locations=Handy little device!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts