Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone around Indy has a spare tire tub they can part with ASAP. I would post this in the wanted section but I feel like people don't check that often!

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
The storage container?

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I want to put the nitrous bottle in the spare tub but I think it needs something in there for impact protection.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
i have that tub taken out and in my basement.. what a stroke of fate!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
Anybody got a tub available? I can't freaking find mine.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
34 Posts
If you are talking about the tub that you take out in order to run a spare in there, I have one in my basement just acting as a spider condo.

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
I just discovered that I had one 2 days ago. Not sure If I'll use it or not yet. How much are you guys selling yours for?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
Exactly what I am talking about. I can't f'n find mine. I'll PM ya.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
Come on D...hook a homey up!!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
Thanks for the quick response Jeff. If you ever need any oem parts let me know I might have something layin around.

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the PO kept the one out of my car. Does anyone have a picture?
It is just a black tub with a divider in the middle that fits where a spare tire would go. Do you still have the runflats or is there a spare tire in the tub?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
i got two if you pay shipping it can be yours.
Thanks for the offer. Jeff is just charging me shipping for his, so someone else can jump on that offer if they want to.

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V 6M Sedan
146 Posts
It is just a black tub with a divider in the middle that fits where a spare tire would go. Do you still have the runflats or is there a spare tire in the tub?
I have the black plastic tub but no divider. The car has Nokian WR snow tires on it with no spare. I do have a can of fix a flat and tire plugs, but I was also about buying a cheap 12V air compressor to put in the tire well. A tray or divider would keep crap from rolling around. I've also looked for an adapter so that I could try running a GTO spare tire. So far I've had no luck finding a 6x115 to 5x120 adapter. I'm not sure the GTO spare will fit over the brakes anyhow.

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the black plastic tub but no divider. The car has Nokian WR snow tires on it with no spare. I do have a can of fix a flat and tire plugs, but I was also about buying a cheap 12V air compressor to put in the tire well. A tray or divider would keep crap from rolling around. I've also looked for an adapter so that I could try running a GTO spare tire. So far I've had no luck finding a 6x115 to 5x120 adapter. I'm not sure the GTO spare will fit over the brakes anyhow.
Hm, I've never seen just a tub without a divider for these cars, it seems like everyone has either the divider tub or a spare in there. I'll be home next week, I'll give you a call to check your car out anyway!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts