Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, trying this again.

I want to buy a pair of rear CTS shocks to fit a 2003 CTS.

I want them to plug-and-play so that i can put the eibach lowering kit on my car. I would prefer something stiffer than the FE1 (preferring the FE2 or FE4 as long as the plug-and-play).

respond here or PM me.

Let me know if you have a rear pair of FE2's for sale. If i cannot locate FE2's i will settle for FE1's

Also, if anyone has a modded set of FE3's i would be willing to buy those as well. I just want to lower the damn thing.

- Bob

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
what was wrong with the front and rear fe4s i was going to sell you?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
lmao...it's cool man, i just wanted to harrass you and give you a hard time...your money your car is my motto

·
Registered
White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets
1,481 Posts
Hi guys, trying this again.

I want to buy a pair of rear CTS shocks to fit a 2003 CTS.

I want them to plug-and-play so that i can put the eibach lowering kit on my car. I would prefer something stiffer than the FE1 (preferring the FE2 or FE4 as long as the plug-and-play).

respond here or PM me.

Let me know if you have a rear pair of FE2's for sale. If i cannot locate FE2's i will settle for FE1's

Also, if anyone has a modded set of FE3's i would be willing to buy those as well. I just want to lower the damn thing.

- Bob
I have FE2's on my car and just put on 20's, i want to put eibachs and watever i need to lower this A LOT....if anyone can tell me wat i need, i will gladly sell you mine driftking....

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
you say lower A LOT...meaning how much? the normal the eibach kit goes or even more than that? and if you sell your fe2s to driftking, what shocks are you going to use?

·
Registered
NONE
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have FE2's on my car and just put on 20's, i want to put eibachs and watever i need to lower this A LOT....if anyone can tell me wat i need, i will gladly sell you mine driftking....

i dont know how to get it lower with the eibach kit. you might want to buy coilovers, or if you want just he rear, im sure K-sport would even sell a pair of the rears.

Either way, let me know if you ever decide to sell them, i will buy them.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
you say lower A LOT...meaning how much? the normal the eibach kit goes or even more than that? and if you sell your fe2s to driftking, what shocks are you going to use?
I spent some time in photoshop...this is the look...but my 20's arnt on...as u can see lol...thats seem lke a preeety good drop...

shocks...hmmm idk modded FE4?FE3's...if i can grab a pair,, i read you offered to sell a pair, so i assume u still have them...but other than thats its goin to be sittin on eibach sway and springs..

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
you can drop it with the fe2's you have...but i am sure for the amount of drop you want, you may have to cut something...if i was you, i would definitely get with tommy_compton...he has done some great things with his car and dropping it...and if you are interested in fe4s, you can PM me and we can talk there...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
i dont know how to get it lower with the eibach kit. you might want to buy coilovers, or if you want just he rear, im sure K-sport would even sell a pair of the rears.

Either way, let me know if you ever decide to sell them, i will buy them.
It all depends on wat i need to get get that kind of a drop, im thinking modded FE4 with cut eibachs something llike wat tommy has. I also need sway bars cause body roll is waaaayyy too much. Once i get all the info from tommy ill let you know. I leave for o.c. next week when i get back, then we'll c wat we can do
you can drop it with the fe2's you have...but i am sure for the amount of drop you want, you may have to cut something...if i was you, i would definitely get with tommy_compton...he has done some great things with his car and dropping it...and if you are interested in fe4s, you can PM me and we can talk there...
and yea i read almost all his post so im thikin i will have to have FE4's due to the softness of FE2's and the higher compression rate of the Eibachs...ill let you know...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
just ordered the eibach sways and to b put in thursday, and getting my fenders rolled wednesday, if for some sad chance it STILL rubs, then i will sell you mine and c wat price txbest gives me...since i want to lower it, i might do the FE4's anyway...just keepin you guys updated...

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
just let me know when you are interested in the fe4s

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
i can help you with modding the fe4's cad4life. if you wan't to cut and drop the rear even further with eibachs. if you drop the rear too far with fe2's and 20's and have people in the back seat you can bottom out over bumps and dips.
fe4's are very noticably stiffer than fe3's, so the difference is going to be very noticable over the fe2's. On smooth roads it's smooth as glass, on shiddy roads, it's not so comfy. but my car handles great, with my eibachs cut in the rear i can power oversteer with ease, makes drifting comming off of off ramps really fun. word of caution when it's raining out, make sure to leave your stabiltrac on, i've 180'd once turning onto a street while messing around in the rain. lol it was a very controlled 180 though.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
so tommy can i cut the eibachs with FE4's and be perfectly safe, i ruined a tire because of body roll :(

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
well there will be a couple of factors one being the offset of your rims and tire width, the other being how much you cut your springs. you are adding eibach sways correct? that should stop some side to side sway, i also have a rear strut brace in mine which also would stop some sway. there is a guy on the cts-v forum that cut his stock springs and it looks pretty slammmed, he hasn't had any problems, but i can't recall if he's running stock 18's.
i'd be safe to say you''d be alright depending on your offset, but sounds like you have an offset less than 40mm?
plus you're rolling your fenders that should put you in the clear.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
BAAAAAADDDD news......ok today went to roll my fenders they "cant" do it, cause they say it will ruin the paint, they were goin to cut wat part of the lip was rubbing but deciding not to. Guess why, cause we found out.....I HAVE A BAD STRUT!!! my rear passenger, the only one to rub, DRIFTKING i am sorry to say but in finding all this out, and look for a replacement shock before i go to o.c.
it turns out that i have FE3 i saw the code on the tire cover in the process of me converting my tails to leds. I did not know this cause my suspension is raised up at all and doesnt look odd but thats wat it says. I AM getting sways tomorrow and having them put in, i hope that they fix it.
oh another reason mine rubs....my rear assembly is pushed over an inch towards the passenger..
and tommy my rims offset is 35, i know 38 is ideal but damn i wanted these rims sooo bad....

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
pushed over an inch to one side? something is out of wack, was your car in an accident? i think your car needs a 4 wheel alignment, which you will need after you put in your eibachs anyway. cutting the lip wouldn't be a bad idea anyway, make sure to hit the edge with some paint/primer to stop any rust from forming, dabbing it on with a brush would be good enough.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
BAAAAAADDDD news......ok today went to roll my fenders they "cant" do it, cause they say it will ruin the paint, they were goin to cut wat part of the lip was rubbing but deciding not to. Guess why, cause we found out.....I HAVE A BAD STRUT!!! my rear passenger, the only one to rub, DRIFTKING i am sorry to say but in finding all this out, and look for a replacement shock before i go to o.c.
it turns out that i have FE3 i saw the code on the tire cover in the process of me converting my tails to leds. I did not know this cause my suspension is raised up at all and doesnt look odd but thats wat it says. I AM getting sways tomorrow and having them put in, i hope that they fix it.
oh another reason mine rubs....my rear assembly is pushed over an inch towards the passenger..
and tommy my rims offset is 35, i know 38 is ideal but damn i wanted these rims sooo bad....
damn sorry to hear the bad news for ya...i agree with tommy's reply...something is out of whack and it definitely almost sounds as if your car as been in an accident. as far as you having a 35 offset, i dont think it is that big of a deal. granted 38 or higher is preferred, but 35 to 38 isnt that huge of difference...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts