Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 CTSV Wagon (past 13 SRX-4 Prem, 08 CTS, 05 Escalade EXT)
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a post to the classifieds... I have a 2008 CTS fully loaded and am ready to upgrade to the V. Allen Cadillac (California) called me regarding pricing so I decided to come in. I was upset by the lack of courtesy while I was there. I think it may be because of my age, but people shouldn't be too quick to judge. I am ready to write a check for a sedan V... but am unwilling to do so without driving one first.

Did anyone else have a similar issue? Lessons learned is that you never know exactly who you are talking to, and should treat everyone at a higher standard. The coupe was nice, but I like the four door and am hoping they call me back with some better service. With a fair trade-in, I could have a very nice upgrade...

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Well not sure on your age but when I was buying my first cycle at 19, jetski at 22, wakeboard boat at 24, and z06 at 27 I too had all those issues. I just walked out and took my cash to someone who would deal with me and treat me with respect. And this was when the economy was good. Now that it's worse take your business elsewhere, and then after u buy it drive it back to that place and show them the commission they just lost. It's what I do lol.

If your buying one test driving shouldn't be an issue. ESP a used 2009. Heck I'll let u drive mine and u can buy it lol. I'll upgrade to an 11 ha ha ha

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V
188 Posts
I bought my V fro a dealer allot further away because the dealer close to me treated me like I had some kind of disease and th test drive was a joke. I bought my car from the dealership that treated me with respect.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
317 Posts
I'm not that young, 32 and I had a similar issue. The salesman would not take me seriously and acted like I was a punk looking for a joy ride.

Since they were the only dealer within 300 miles with a V2 I called and talked to the sales manager. Was in touch with another salesman who took me seriously. Went back 2 days later, test drove the V, and bought it. The best part was jerk salesman prepped the car for me as I was finishing the paperwork. He came in as I was going the the car and I ask him if he didn't like commission checks or something. He forced a chuckle and walked away.

Love the V. My wife jabs at me about the cost every now and then. Hopefully I can hang on to it.

S

·
0 Posts
Interesting thread.
I'm similar to Dom bought my 300c str8 new at 25, SRT10 at 27 and bought my V at 29 but never had any static. Emailed the internet manager about prices, came in a couple days later and test drove it no questions asked. They had no problems handing me the keys for a spin.
Very strange to hear dealers acting like this...Those crappy dealers that don't see the trend of young professionals will be left in the dust. For those that were treated badly I give you kudos for keeping cool. I think if a dealer questioned my financial ability or was rude to me based on looks I would have open hand pimp slapped 'em.

·
Registered
14 CTSV Wagon (past 13 SRX-4 Prem, 08 CTS, 05 Escalade EXT)
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave the salesman my business card and told him to call me today to discuss ordering... I had told him I gave my Uncle first dibs at buying my CTS off of me. Talked to the uncle today who decided to pass. Had they called me today, I would have ordered one from them... The funniest part is I live in San Diego/ Orange County... there are plenty of other dealers around lol. I will be calling the next dealership on Tuesday. There loss.

I am 28, so about the same as some of you.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The dealership encouraged me to drive a V the first time I went in...it was probably because of my age...:mad::mad::mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts