Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on Craigslist here in Northern VA: Asked the owner some questions, here are his responses:

Wrecked 2005 Cadillac CTS-V - Asking $6000
56K Miles
No Mods
Maintained by Lindsay
Clean Title
Body Shop Estimate of 10K to repair
Car is at a Fairfax,VA Body Shop
Accident was in middle of April
Vin:1G6DN56S050221827

He gave me permission to post this info.

Looks like a perfect job for a do it yourself kind of guy, or someone who wants to part it.

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum
1,182 Posts
can't tell from the pics but that engine/trans (if it's in good shape) would almost pay back the initial investment

then you have the seats/nav/body panels/wheels

maybe I need to bring a flatbed to NoVa and scoop this up

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
seems nice!!! but im broke

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supposedly there is no engine damage, but it did loose the radiator, PS cooler so I would venture to guess that some of the lines may have been yanked from the accessories.

I live about 20 minutes from where it is being stored, ff someone is interested I can head over there and take some better pics.

Ron

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
if you offer him $5500 cash he'll more than likely take it.

as was mentioned, you can make that back on just the engine and drivetrain. people would pay $1000 for an extra differential, plus the transmission and engine you could get several thousand for.

Shoot, if you decide to part it out, i'll even buy a few things from it... I'll give you $200 for the back lights (backup lights, 3rd brake light, and the 2 brake lights)

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
or you could find a body shop to do the work, and you've got a $16,000 V :)

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
can you find out if the 3rd center brake light is working? i would bid on that. thanks you can pm me.

·
Registered
Cadillac
203 Posts
people would pay $1000 for an extra differential, plus the transmission and engine you could get several thousand for.
)

R O F L never in a million years are you kidding 1k for a used POS rear? i paid 250 for mine i never seen someone pay over 500 for a used one.

·
Registered
04 V
105 Posts
10k wow then that body must make a lot of money. this car is an awesome buy, airbags didnt deploy, both fenders and hood dont need to be changed just worked on a liittle, and its a clean title, somebody who has the time and patience to find all the parts on ebay can have a V for 10-12K

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
R O F L never in a million years are you kidding 1k for a used POS rear? i paid 250 for mine i never seen someone pay over 500 for a used one.
lol yeah ok you're right. so say $300 for the differential. I'd think you could get several thousand for the engine though

I'm still going to guess you could break even or at least come close to it just by selling out the drivetrain.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
10k wow then that body must make a lot of money. this car is an awesome buy, airbags didnt deploy, both fenders and hood dont need to be changed just worked on a liittle, and its a clean title, somebody who has the time and patience to find all the parts on ebay can have a V for 10-12K
it would be nice to have a $12k V just for the track :D

it all depends if the engine's badly damaged. it's hard to see in the pictures

·
Registered
04 V
105 Posts
unless someone was messing around with the car without the radiator which caused it to overheat, im pretty sure that there cant be anything wrong with that engine from just the collision, but who knows, but rjoffe offered to check it out if anybody was interested. if i only had room to store it, i would be all over this V. if somebody can put it back together and doesnt care if the body looks perfect, then u have a 10k V for the track

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
or you could find a body shop to do the work, and you've got a $16,000 V :)
Unfortunately $16k for a fixed V is not a good deal anymore. 2 years ago anything in the $20k's was a steal!

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Nav, wheels, engine, trans, diff, sways, shocks, engine harness you would probably just clear $6000 on those, assuming they're all in good working condition.

Unless you could find buyers for a lot of miscellaneous stuff like seats, trim pieces, and some body panels, it may not be worth it. I certainly wouldn't want to take a gamble on that.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
So he isn't trying to part it out, is he? I'd take a few a parts & pieces as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts