Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of getting a clear bra but now thinking about wrapping the whole car.

This way I can take off in a couple years and have a brand new car. Sort of.

Any recommended SoCal installers?

Has anyone here done this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Why? A different color? I had mine wrapped with xpel ultimate because I travel a lot. So far so good.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
R1 Motorsport does high end vehicle wraps all the time. They are in Chatsworth, CA. Ask for Jimmy and tell him Shawn sent you. 818-993-9004. These guys do awesome work. Very high quality!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
broncophil said:
Thanks. I'll give them a call. I was quoted $2900 from another place
Wow that's a good price. I paid $900 for my xpel ultimate clear front bra.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Xpel ultimate is amazing! I have it on my GS350, and I carry around a wire brush to show off how it self-heals.
Negotiate! I got the whole front wrapped for $1500. Full hood, 2 fenders, full bumper and side mirrors. Granted, the GS is smaller than an Escalade... still, negotiate!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
rad-man said:
Xpel ultimate is amazing! I have it on my GS350, and I carry around a wire brush to show off how it self-heals. Negotiate! I got the whole front wrapped for $1500. Full hood, 2 fenders, full bumper and side mirrors. Granted, the GS is smaller than an Escalade... still, negotiate!
How do you remove bugs and road debris? Just you would the whole body?

·
Registered
40 Posts
since my front it wrapped, i wash it with a regular microfiber towel (i use a sheepskin for the rest of the car).
Seriously, you cannot damage the film.... IF you do, it has a 10 year warranty.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
rad-man said:
since my front it wrapped, i wash it with a regular microfiber towel (i use a sheepskin for the rest of the car). Seriously, you cannot damage the film.... IF you do, it has a 10 year warranty.
I know but hate the downtime. Do you wax the front too? I tried that and there is a white streak where the wrap ends. Can I use a bug remover on it or just regular wash soap? Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i saw a white mercedes the other day with half clear bra.. and the half without looked white, when the half with the clear bra was noticeably yellow.

does xpel not yellow? although if i did mine it would be harder to notice cause 1) i would be doing the whole hood.. 2) the Diamond White is already kinda yellow

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
i saw a white mercedes the other day with half clear bra.. and the half without looked white, when the half with the clear bra was noticeably yellow.

does xpel not yellow? although if i did mine it would be harder to notice cause 1) i would be doing the whole hood.. 2) the Diamond White is already kinda yellow
It's warranted against yellowing, having said that all mine have yellowed after 3-5 years, and they redo them for free under warranty, they just redid my 2012 platinum, even with 9k miles and garaged it was starting to yellow on the sides under the doors, so they just replaced all the xpel for free, took two people 8 hours, VERY good customer service, I didn't even ask them to replace it the installer said he did no like how it looked and off it came. They are wrapping the Tesla today

·
Registered
40 Posts
My car is "Deep Sea Mica" (dark blue), so i'll never know if it yellows. It's covered under warranty for separation or yellowing.

As far as the edges of the wrap, a good installer will "roll over" the ends so you'll never see them. i.e. the hood edges are wrapped all the way under the hood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts