Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Catera
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a round trip drive from Florida to Los Vegas to see my brother and I must say I am very impressed the way my wifes 97 performed . This car is trulely happiest on the interstate at speeds over 80 . We managed to get 23 mpg from this little 3.0 . The only mishaps we had the oil pressure and volt meter quit working all the other guages work fine so I will be looking for an instrument panel and I am on the 2nd heater control panel still have to pull the 30 amp fuse to get the blower motor to stop . the ole girl just turned 69k and is going to get serviced tomarrrow , tranny flush , cooling flush , and fuel system cleaned . again WOW so I do beleive we will have to keep her I had my doubts but .

·
Registered
1997 Catera
172 Posts
I can get 29mpg when I drive like Granny. You must drive more like Junior (happy foot). :tisk: The Cat can do the good mpg, but if ya like to gig it a bit it can go down to 17mpg.

I like the feeling that at 80mph if you have to avoid something you can either slow down or speed up...

·
Registered
'97 Forest Green Catera
674 Posts
The Catera is based on the German Opel Omega MV6 and geared for autoban cruising. Not that fast off the line, but at 80 MPH, quiet and composed. Must have to do with the rear axle ratio. No screaming engine at 80 MPH like in some cars, just quiet and smooth.

Barry
'97 Catera original owner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts