Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to second RGB's post earlier on the Hotchkiss bars. I put them on yesterday and was flabergasted at how much they improved the handling of my V. I have completely stock springs and shocks and noticed an immediate flattening of the cornering and vastly better turn-in. It now feels like I'm driving a 'Vette instead of a Cadillac. :yup:

One thing I wasn't expecting....the rear bar actually helped further reduce the wheelhop. It was very significant, something around 30%. I guess the fact that this bar is 90% stiffer than the factory rear and ties the two halves of the rear subframe together helps stiffen the whole cradle up. I feel this is the best mod I could have done to the car for the money. If you're thinking about it....don't hesitate!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
281 Posts
that is excellent news. i have a new set in the box that santa brought be. by reducing body roll i was hoping to keep the tires planted better, sounds like this might do the trick. i don't want to replace springs or shocks again on a car. been down that road and wasn't happy with the results

·
Registered
04' CTS-V, 04' Escalade EXT
623 Posts
austin said:
Is it a do-it-yourselfer, if so, how long, and how hard of a job to install the kit.
on a scale of 10, its about a 3.
easy install 1-3 hrs depending on???

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
What is the best price people are getting on these Hotchkis bars?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Luna. said:
What is the best price people are getting on these Hotchkiss bars?
There was a GB going on as "thefly" indicated...

Currently per Reed's holiday specials email:

Vendor Name: Hotchkis Performance
Products: Sway Bars for CTS-V Item # 2280, Also On Sale CTS V6 Sway Bars (2279) And Coil Springs (1979).
Special Offer: Cadillac Faq members take an additional 10% off your order. That’s almost 20% when combined with the sale already going on thru 12-31.
Terms: Valid thru 12-31-05 mention cadillacfaq.com when ordering by telephone, or enter code cadfaq at checkout on www.hotchkis.net

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Didn't that group buy die?

I do recall the Vivid pricing though, now that it was mentioned.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys....been out of it for a few days. Yes this was the group buy for $299 that came up recently. It took about 2.5 hours to install on a lift...probably would add an hour for jackstands. The installation instructions are excellent. I forgot to mention that the car pulled 1.10 G's on the road course after this mod.

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,749 Posts
Thats nice to hear....... any pictures comparing the size of the front and rear factory sway bars with the size of the front and rear sway bars from the Hotchkis kit. I'd be interested in seeing that.... I almost lost it the other day taking an off ramp at about 60mph... the rear kicked out... TG, i caught it in time. This kit is next on my list.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
152 Posts
Just ordered mine from VividRacing for $330 plus shipping; not as good as the group buy of $299, but good enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts