Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it's called a Talon...

Ok heres the story, the other day I was heading to the mall in my white '83 Coupe Deville, when I pulled up to a red light next to a '96? Talon( you know, the one that looks like a Eclipse clone) with a fart can, park banch, duck tape and spraypaint graphics, and wal*mart wheel covers. with some punk looking white guy driving it and his black friend in the passenger seat, so their both looking over at me like they want to smoke me bad. So the light turns green, I step on the gas and so do they, and at first I'm thinking OMG this is going to hurt...but what?... Hey I'm beating them!:shocked2: The driver has this look on his face like he just sh*t his pants and the passenger is just laughing his head off. I finaly pull like two cars ahead them and of course the do the famious "zoom by"(Its so funny when they do that lol) So I get to the mall and they are already there, and the driver looks like he has a death wish, so I just fly by them and wave.

By the way this was my Coupe's first and last race, its just to hard on the HT4100, I don't want it to blow up haha.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
They 1G talons and eclipses have like 92hp in base form. I think the 96's have like 130hp, god there must have been something wrong with his car. But anyways, nice kill! :thumbsup:
By the way, DSM's suck! :tongue2:

Benzilla, you have 2 very cool big bodies, the Coupe, and the Brougham :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, and yeah there might have been something rong with his engine... then again all the ricers sound like that. It was funny because I thought he was going to blow his tranny the way he was shifting, it was sooo fun to beat him in a big body lol.

Thanks for the compliments I~LUV~Caddys8792!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I wonder how your Coupe deVille would stand up against my friends' 98 Wrangler 2.5L 5 Speed. We timed it's 0-60 at like 13 seconds!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He'd probably beat the crap out of me because I tent to go easy on the engine because I don't want to hurt it (I've heard some really bad stories) I think the 0-60 is like 14.7 or something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 4100 is a nightmare and a dog to boot. I almost died when my dad bought a used one. But it only had 30K on the clock and was mint mint mint! I changed it's first nemesis the oil pump without his knowledge. I did not know just how lousy these engines were at the time, but I had heard about the oil pump. He got very lucky as when his intake gasket blew, I happened to had just changed the oil and saw it as it went! That job was a nightmare! I think it took me 6 hours if I remember correctly, and the intake manifold is actually part of the cylinder heads! He quit driving it daily as he bought a SUV. But the car is still mint, and runs good. But his heater core went out, and I am not going there, no matter what!:tisk:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Benzilla said:
I think the 0-60 is like 14.7 or something.
:shocked2: I believe it.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
LOL HT4100 in a big body actually beat something... thats funny :)

Actually being "hard" on it... which running it wide open isn't even driving it hard.... will not really do any harm to the HT4100 (nor any engine) it is the lack of maintenace that killed off the HT4100 (among other things) I would open it up every once in a while.... well, probably everytime I accelerate from a stop light, but still :)

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I'd like to race a big body with the HT4100 against a Big Body 307. I wanna see how much of a difference that extra 5-15hp and 55-65 lb/ft make.

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
I think the 307 car would win every time...the Olds 307 is a great engine in my opinion. I've had two in my life (in an '84 Cutlass and an '87 Regal) and loved both of them. They both drove a lot better than the 140 hp rating would have you believe. What they lacked in hp they made up for in torque, and smoothness. I'd love a 1990 era Brougham with a 307 engine in mint condition.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
jadcock said:
I'd love a 1990 era Brougham with a 307 engine in mint condition.
LOL I looked at a very very nice '90 Brougham d'elegance with the 307! It was a very very smooth car, extremely quiet, the power was alright if you never drove it aggressively, otherwise, it was a DOG. But the 307 was very smooth and quiet, and parts are cheap to buy. The choke on the one I drove was stuck which caused it to stall 4 times, and it also hurt the performance. I would love to have a Brougham D'elegance with the 305 or 350.

I knew that the 307 powered Brougham would win against a HT4100 Brougham, I wanna know how much it would beat it by though :)

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree, the 307 would totaly beat the HT4100. in responce to STYES some 4100s suck and some are good, it soulds like yours sucks, mine however is good, it has 48,000 miles on it and still runs like new. I heard that is has something to do with how the original owner treated it when it was new. its funny the original owner of mine told me she once got a ticket for going 35 on the freeway! lol!

God I still can't beleave I beat something in a car with 4,000 pounds and 125hp. haha

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I think the worst power/ weight ratio was the '76 Buick Lesabre with the 231 cid (3.8 liter) V6. I think it was like 4200 lbs and had like 110hp.
So the '82 HT4100's were not the slowest big cars ever made.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, I have a friend that has a '86 LeSabre with a 3.8 liter... if you hit a stone the car stops.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
The '86's arent bad....smaller cars like around 3000lbs..with 150hp. A better power/ weight ratio than the '86 DeVilles.

·
Registered
90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
1,173 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
I'd like to race a big body with the HT4100 against a Big Body 307. I wanna see how much of a difference that extra 5-15hp and 55-65 lb/ft make.
Don't get me wrong or any thing, but I have 2 big body Caddys, the 85 has the 4100 and my 89 has the olds 5.0. It's not a day and night difference, but there is a noticable difference of power. The 4.5 would gun the two of them put together any day.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Yeah I hear that.
Today, I drove Bro-Ham's 81 Fleetwood Brougham coupe with the V-8-6-4. And that was not fast at all. It felt just like driving that '90 Brougham D'elegance with the 307.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts