Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Unicycle
10,945 Posts
Its a Spring Edition (notice the door handles?)

the trunk needs pin striping...looks wierd

I give it another 2 years before the clearcoat turns to junk and it needs a paint job.

Otherwise its in pretty nice shape, its from NY, probably used in the winters. I don't like the preferated seats.

·
Registered
Unicycle
10,945 Posts
brougham said:
Yeah that's a spring edition. A friend of mine has one that's dark blue. I wouldn't expect it to get clearcoat problems unless there's something wrong with it. THen again since it doesn't have pinstriping on the trunk maybe parts of it were already re-painted before.
eh... in 1993, GM still had issues with the darker colors...

just ask me... my cars paint was flawless when I bought her back in June '03.... now...heh... don't even get me started, and I am most certain it is *not* from neglect (lack of waxing)

As far as I am concerned... any 1985- ~1995 GM that has the base coat/clear coat paint... if it is origanal paint, and looks to be good now, then I give it only a couple years before the clear coat goes. Around 1991 or so the lighter colors weren't *as* bad, so if I was to ever get, say another '93 DeVille that I didn't plan on getting repainted, it would most definitly be a lighter color.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.