Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Its a Spring Edition (notice the door handles?)

the trunk needs pin striping...looks wierd

I give it another 2 years before the clearcoat turns to junk and it needs a paint job.

Otherwise its in pretty nice shape, its from NY, probably used in the winters. I don't like the preferated seats.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Well, rust is a concern but it appears to be in good shape.
I used to live upstate and many people have 'winter beaters' that are in MUCH worse shape so I am guessing this car wasn't a winter car.
It'll be good to see a shot of the underside....but oh well.
If serious about buying, run a carfax to see where its been spending its time.....could be from out of state as it has dealer plates and all.
The interior looks good except for the driver seat.....those perforated seats start to look kinda shabby as they wear and get dirty.

All in all, looks nice....if it all checks out may be worth a couple of grand!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah nah i wasnt thinking about buying it, I was just showing you all an example of my favorite 91-93 Sedan deVille. I wish mine was that color combo!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Yeah that's a spring edition. A friend of mine has one that's dark blue. I wouldn't expect it to get clearcoat problems unless there's something wrong with it. THen again since it doesn't have pinstriping on the trunk maybe parts of it were already re-painted before.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
brougham said:
Yeah that's a spring edition. A friend of mine has one that's dark blue. I wouldn't expect it to get clearcoat problems unless there's something wrong with it. THen again since it doesn't have pinstriping on the trunk maybe parts of it were already re-painted before.
eh... in 1993, GM still had issues with the darker colors...

just ask me... my cars paint was flawless when I bought her back in June '03.... now...heh... don't even get me started, and I am most certain it is *not* from neglect (lack of waxing)

As far as I am concerned... any 1985- ~1995 GM that has the base coat/clear coat paint... if it is origanal paint, and looks to be good now, then I give it only a couple years before the clear coat goes. Around 1991 or so the lighter colors weren't *as* bad, so if I was to ever get, say another '93 DeVille that I didn't plan on getting repainted, it would most definitly be a lighter color.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Night Wolf said:
eh... in 1993, GM still had issues with the darker colors...
just ask me... my cars paint was flawless when I bought her back in June '03.... now...heh... don't even get me started, and I am most certain it is *not* from neglect (lack of waxing)
As far as I am concerned... any 1985- ~1995 GM that has the base coat/clear coat paint... if it is origanal paint, and looks to be good now, then I give it only a couple years before the clear coat goes. Around 1991 or so the lighter colors weren't *as* bad, so if I was to ever get, say another '93 DeVille that I didn't plan on getting repainted, it would most definitly be a lighter color.
It doesn't seem to be much of a problem around here. There are some cars that have paint problems but most don't. When you look at cars on ebay it seems to be more of a problem on ones that are in areas like Florida that have problems like that. For a car like that black one I'd only care about what it looks like when I buy it. It might get paint problems or it might not and if it ever did it's not a big deal to just get it fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts