Cadillac Owners Forum banner

If You Were Spending The Same Money Again ... Would You Buy Another STS?

• Yes, Definitely

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • No, Absolutely Not

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Maybe / Not Sure

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes-even tho its got some quirky VR and squeaky brakes, the 1sg with performance package is best car I ever owned, including LS430 and Q45.

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
I would probably go for the DTS if I were doing it again. However, it's still a great car. I just would like a little more leg room.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know it was my car and not speaking for the masses, but Cadillac bought me out of my car and the deal goes down Friday. More problems that could be addressed in one forum. I am pleased in how GM has handled the situation and for that I applaud them. I was given MSRP to MSRP for the buy out. My original was $64,000. Ordered a new Corvette and with the change am getting an older car for the winter.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
925 Posts
Another Cadillac, yes. Another STS, no. I too am in the middle of a buyback, and like Dressel I have had more problems than space here would allow. If GM does take the car back, I'll probably get a DTS. Although its not a factor in my reasons for the buyback, the STS is just too small for my needs and for that alone I wouldn't do it again. Finally, I will say that when everything works it is a FANTASTIC automobile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is a beautiful automobile. Rides great if the weather conditions are perfect. I live in Michigan (snows here). The salesman - after selling me 5 previous Cadillacs all with FWD - failed to tell me that the car was RWD with an option for AWD. Needless to say it is a death trap in the winter months here in Michigan. Snow tires help a little....very little.

Two weeks ago the rear window shattered and fell out and while the dealership was fixing the rear window, the car was hit. Now the frame is bent.
Is it any wonder why I refer to the car as the $55,000 nightmare?

Just needed to vent. Hopefully they will finish the car soon so I can start slipping and sliding around the streets until April.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice car but would probably not buy another Cadillac. Very unhappy with the way Cadillac has dealt with general problems such as Voice Recognition, Shoving it off on Onstar and forcing us to pay for three years up front in order to get digital and allegedly improved VR. Also, they give free upgrades for the nav system to the 06 buyers and continue to leave us first time buyers in the dark. Very unprofessional in my opinion. This was my second Cadillac in three years and will probably be my last GM car after buying them for 40 years. I can understand why Lexus and others rank higher in customer satisfaction. It is because they seem to care and are aggressive in attempting to solve their customers problems rather than turning a deaf ear of not living up to their advertisements about "state of the art technology."

·
Registered
35 Posts
I totaly agree with the last few posts, Cadillac has abandoned the 05 regarding nav and other issues. With the money spent I now have performance via c6 vette and a decent two year old car with comfort for the winter. I guess it is my Daddy's Cady, They are close but not close enough

·
Registered
42 Posts
NO .... we were looking for a Cadi type of ride ... the STS 1sg rides to rough for us right now .... just after spinal/cervical surgery ....!!

taking it back to get DTS lux3 .... it should ride smoother ....

but it'll cost me a good bit for my mistake .... 6 weeks, 1,000 miles ...ouch ...!! oh well ....

STS is a nice car though .... if you want a sporty/firm feel the road type of ride ....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unfortunately, this will most likely be my last GM car... As a strong advocate for only buying America, my latest experience has totally turned me off to GM and their sales practices.

I shopped for the STS along side the BMW 5-series and the Mercedes E Class. Even though the STS ended up being a better value (in my opinion) I would gladly goto a foreign seller for my next car, as GM has forgotten how to treat a customer who is purchasing a 60+ grand car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i agree 100% with the treatment of customers ..!!

i had better treatment at my Checy dealer a couple years back when buying 50th Anniversary Vette ....

but still nothing like most 'euro car' dealers .... sorry to say ....

GM will learn ... hopefully soon ... good customer care instills loyalty ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with last two posts. I loved my CTS....STS has been a HUGE disappointment. Rattles, Squeaks, intermittent Nav weirdness. I had two friends who bought BMW and Lexus for about same $ as I did....and there is no comparison of quality. They giggle every time they get into my car. I've been buying GM and Cadillac for 10+ years...this is my last.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i bought the v-6 basic, i added xm and a dash kit. the car has done well other then the battery. i had two cts's and i like this car because it offers more. would i buy again, yes.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
05' STS 1SC
112 Posts
PTC Sclade said:
Nice car but would probably not buy another Cadillac. Very unhappy with the way Cadillac has dealt with general problems such as Voice Recognition, Shoving it off on Onstar and forcing us to pay for three years up front in order to get digital and allegedly improved VR. Also, they give free upgrades for the nav system to the 06 buyers and continue to leave us first time buyers in the dark. Very unprofessional in my opinion. ..."
I would not have bought this car knowing what I know now. I would have actually came out ahead and spent less money and got more power with the Chrysler or the Dodge with the Hemi and then my expectations would not have been as high as they were for this car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
At the time I'm writing this post, 44% of the respondents have said either no, or maybe not!!! That is a huge number.

I wonder if Cadillac has their own data base, and I wonder if it tells them the same thing. I know they contacted me shortly after I bought mine in February, but they should wait 6 months for a truer read.

I, by the way, am one of the 26% of respondents who answered with a definitive NO, I would not buy another. Just too many little things, and a couple of bigger issues, that all add up. Besides, if you live in the Northern tier, and plan to drive the car in the winter, it's the wrong horse for the trail!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a loaded STS 06 1SG with all wheel drive and HUD. I smile evertime I get into it. A few minor issues need to be taken care of when I get time, but not all the problems I had with the Mercedes. All wheel drive is great in the snow, with quick starts from the line. In a fast turn with a little too much gas, I can still get in some trouble before the computer kicks in, but that should be expected. Great car. I have an 02 Corvette, and therefore like riding in Performance Mode. The car stays extremely flat going around a corner at speed. Will definitely buy another one.

·
Registered
09 Escalade
3 Posts
I love my 06 with all options except AWD. I'm 4,000 miles and three months into it I haven't found anything to complain about. I also considered comparable Lexis, BMW and Acura models but felt this was the best option for me. It's a complete opposite of my 01 Vette so I feel I have the best of both options. Having read some of the negative posts, I will keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
238 Posts
danshill said:
I love my 06 with all options except AWD. I'm 4,000 miles and three months into it I haven't found anything to complain about. I also considered comparable Lexis, BMW and Acura models but felt this was the best option for me. It's a complete opposite of my 01 Vette so I feel I have the best of both options. Having read some of the negative posts, I will keep my fingers crossed.
Yeah U guys scare the heck ou of me, since mine only has about 8K miles on it since I purchased in March. I absolutely love the car, and have only had one problem in the beginning with a start up issue, which was fixed promptly and the fact that I did not get the Xenon lights, which is my fault. As I said before, I would definetly buy an STS again, but it would be the STS-V for the extras that come with it. I drove the 5series, RL, M45, LS430, and even the "mommy as-s" E class, and the only thing I can think of that would steal me away from the STS right now would be if Caddy started producing the "Sixteen" type vehicle they need to battle the 7 series, S-Class, and A8.:stirpot:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts