Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know if you would consider purchasing a brand new 2015.5 Escalade Platinum with a $97k sticker even if it has had a minor front end accident that deployed the drivers airbag. Obviously, the car would have to be repaired properly and would have to be discounted considerably. What discount would it
take for you to be comfortable?
Thanks,
George
 

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
Joined
·
3,751 Posts
GeoT said:
I'd like to know if you would consider purchasing a brand new 2015.5 Escalade Platinum with a $97k sticker even if it has had a minor front end accident that deployed the drivers airbag. Obviously, the car would have to be repaired properly and would have to be discounted considerably. What discount would it take for you to be comfortable? Thanks, George
That's hard to say. Was it titled before the accident? If not, then it will have a clean carfax.
 

·
Registered
09 escalade
Joined
·
540 Posts
GeoT said:
I'd like to know if you would consider purchasing a brand new 2015.5 Escalade Platinum with a $97k sticker even if it has had a minor front end accident that deployed the drivers airbag. Obviously, the car would have to be repaired properly and would have to be discounted considerably. What discount would it take for you to be comfortable? Thanks, George

My guess
Anywhere between $15-20k off i would feel comfortable if I was purchasing the vehicle.
If I'm leasing it
I wouldn't care but again if they give you a huge discount then you lease it
Your payments will be below $1000 a month for 100k vehicle.
 

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
Joined
·
3,751 Posts
You will lose trade value to begin with. Unless they really offer you a very good deal, extended GM warranty then maybe.
 

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
Joined
·
308 Posts
That's hard to say. Was it titled before the accident? If not, then it will have a clean carfax.
I'm not so sure about that. My dealer said they received a new 2015 Yukon from GM which had the rear window broken in transit to the dealership and they had to send it back because the broken window would show up on carfax as a repair/accident.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
 

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
Joined
·
3,751 Posts
LDYNREDD said:
I'm not so sure about that. My dealer said they received a new 2015 Yukon from GM which had the rear window broken in transit to the dealership and they had to send it back because the broken window would show up on carfax as a repair/accident. Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It doesn't show in carfax unless dealers have a different kind of carfax.
 

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
Joined
·
11,902 Posts
evois said:
It doesn't show in carfax unless dealers have a different kind of carfax.
No it would show as soon as they enter the vin in the repair system database
Hence why they wouldn't want to take a blow on the value as they would lose money on the sale of said truck

Personally I would get the escalade over the Yukon(I have test drove the Yukon Denali) I found the seats a bit hard for me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,309 Posts
I wouldn't touch a new car that has been repaired after an accident. I don't care how minor of an accident it was. In this case, the airbags deployed, so it wasn't minor.
 

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
Joined
·
3,751 Posts
GM-4-LIFE said:
I wouldn't touch a new car that has been repaired after an accident. I don't care how minor of an accident it was. In this case, the airbags deployed, so it wasn't minor.
Not titled, no carfax record.
 

·
Registered
09 escalade
Joined
·
540 Posts
If they could repair it without reporting
They wouldn't tell you in the first place.

I heard a story from a sales manager of new car store,
Where his general manager wrecked a brand new suv
It was totaled while driving back home from a bar.
They repaired it and sold it as a new demo to the next person.

So 2 things
They either know it goes into carfax for sure
Or they wanna be honest not to get caught later after fix.

Good point GM4LIFE
If it's really minor
Airbags wouldn't deploye
 

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
Joined
·
3,751 Posts
You can pm VIN and I'll check it or if they provided you with a carfax please let us know.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top