Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang! I am looking at CTS's for an extra car. I am looking at something I can get under 15K---I found one in the Metro Detroit area with about 80K miles on it. Would you consider one with that many miles?

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Hey gang! I am looking at CTS's for an extra car. I am looking at something I can get under 15K---I found one in the Metro Detroit area with about 80K miles on it. Would you consider one with that many miles?
yes drive it and i bet it still feels very strong :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
That sounds a tad high for that mileage in this area. You might want to check with Scott Pratt at Superior Cadillac in Brighton (810) 225-1228 to see what he has. Maybe he has a CPO, which would eliminate most apprehension for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I am just a little concerned with the cost of repairs after 100K. Are there many here with high miles?
By the way your 03 above is sick! Wow nox---you freekin rock!

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds a tad high for that mileage in this area. You might want to check with Scott Pratt at Superior Cadillac in Brighton (810) 225-1228 to see what he has. Maybe he has a CPO, which would eliminate most apprehension for you. Good luck!
Good info! That is why I came to the experts! :worship:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
That's about 20,000 miles per year. National average is about 15,000 miles. You may want to check it's history on "CARFAX". You could also spend about $100 for a dealer's diagnostic.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Thanks! I am just a little concerned with the cost of repairs after 100K. Are there many here with high miles?
By the way your 03 above is sick! Wow nox---you freekin rock!
thanks bud :)...but i agree 15k is about right in this area ....if it makes you feel better mine is at 90k and it runs great! I was even confident enough to put spray on the ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an '03 Luxury Sport CTS with 76K miles on it. Still runs great and I love it. I bought it used from the dealer three years ago with 30K miles on it and put 15K miles per year on it.

Mine was "certified" and came with the 100K mile warranty. Dealer has been great fixing stuff at no cost to me:

- new rear bezel due to water leaking into the old one
- replaced radio/nav system due to chipping paint on buttons (3 times)
- fixed problem with Stability System engaging
- fixed broken horn
- fixed window not rolling up
- replaced rear armrest to fix squeak in rear
- replaced driver side airbag

All done under warranty by Suttle Cadillac in Newport News, VA. Great dealer.

I am a bit wary of having to pay for all of this when the warranty expires in a couple of years.

John

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I have an '03 Luxury Sport CTS with 76K miles on it. Still runs great and I love it. I bought it used from the dealer three years ago with 30K miles on it and put 15K miles per year on it.

Mine was "certified" and came with the 100K mile warranty. Dealer has been great fixing stuff at no cost to me:

- new rear bezel due to water leaking into the old one
- replaced radio/nav system due to chipping paint on buttons (3 times)
- fixed problem with Stability System engaging
- fixed broken horn
- fixed window not rolling up
- replaced rear armrest to fix squeak in rear
- replaced driver side airbag

All done under warranty by Suttle Cadillac in Newport News, VA. Great dealer.

I am a bit wary of having to pay for all of this when the warranty expires in a couple of years.

John
John,
In a couple of friggin' years you better be in a newer Caddy!!!:rant2:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I think 2004 models are a better bet...A quick glance at cars.com shows several 2004 models with 50k-80k miles in the $15k-17k range. Shoot, I even saw a bunch of 2005 models for under $19k (some with low mileage).

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
I gave up on the whole V6 scene and opted for the VVT V8 320HP beast. Boy does that thing go! The $1500 gas guzzler tax was a downer.

·
Registered
03 CTS
359 Posts
I have 180 000 kms on my 03, 3.2 and it's still strong. I would look at getting new shocks/struts and look out for wheel bearings if they have been lowered.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts