Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Anything you add to the Bose will make a huge difference. If you listen to rock, I also highly reccomend adding tweeters to the front. I also highly reccomend pulling the rear deck out and insulating around the speakers. It only takes about an hour and the benifits are excellent. You will get more "tight" sounding bass (also good for rock) and alot more of it.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
You pull the upper part of the back seat out a little ways, or you can take the whole thing out if you want, but it is not necessary. To get the seat loose, you remove the two nuts off from the insanly long studs in the trunk.

Next you pull the carpeted part of the rear deck out by pulling the "stab-tabs" out and pulling the carpeted out. Now you can see the tops of the speakers.

I used standard fiberglass house insulation because I had some just lying around, but you can use any insulating material you want (The foam topping that you can buy for mattresses, cotton stuffing, old clothes, etc). Dynamat or any other brand of soundproofing will also work nicley. I wouldn't spend more than $20 on it tho.

Reinstall the carpeted part and the back seat.

Now for the under part. I put cotton stuffing from stuffed animals I won from "Claw machines" in the stock dip for the speakers in the black carpet that is back there. I also put the stuffing across the under side. Again, you can use whatever you want or have avalible.

Total time for me was an hour and the results are well worth the time. Espically if you don't have the money for a newer system and want to juice the stock system up a bit.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
didnt really have any of that stuff so instead i got two wash rags (one for each side) and wraped it around the one speaker and taped it up and sealed it around with masking tape HUGE DIFFERENCE bass doesnt hit as hard but it doesnt bang out at loud volumes def recommended props to JC316

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
If you take the back seat out and do the upper deck insulate, you will get even more bass out of it. With Bose specializing in enclousures I cannot see why they didn't put the rears in an enclosure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts