Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to update the last of the Fleetwoods to incorporate more of the newer Art and Design look? I don't know what made me just start thinking about this - but I'm sure it could be done.. I wonder because I'm going to have this car for a long, long time.. I bought this car as my "no car payments anymore" vehicle.. While I don't care so much about having a brand new car, it would still be nice to drive around in something that LOOKS new.

So what do you think? What could/would someone charge for developing a new front fascia for the car? Would I be the only one on the planet interested? The front-end I have is quite plain and boring to me. I love the rear, though...

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
...I'm going to have this car for a long, long time.. I bought this car as my "no car payments anymore" vehicle..
Oh yeah, right, that'll happen. :histeric:

Sal Collaziano said:
The front-end I have is quite plain and boring to me. I love the rear, though...
IF I go through with it and get a Fleetwood (I'm trying to talk myself out of it right now) instead of a current-model DeVille, I plan to dress it up a little with some retro emblems. I think this can be done in a subtle way. The grille needs something, though. I'm thinking a large Cadillac crest with the "V" beneath it similar to those used in 1954-1956.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I think it would be ridiculously expensive. The cured body of the Fleetwood doesn't lend itself to the sharp "art & science" design anyway.
To be honest if I were going to change anything about the Fleetwood, it would be to make it longer. I think the back-end looks too short when viewed from the side.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I guess Kevin was being modest.

Here's an outstanding example of how the front-end looks of the Fleetwood can be dramatically improved.

I like this grille a lot! But just to be different, I'd use either the old 1954, or even a 1958 emblem, or else get one of those huge Escalade emblems.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS
755 Posts
Here is an "updated" Fleetwood front end. The new crest is obvious. The subtle clues are the lack of bumper gaurds and the lip at the bottom of the bumper. Note that it is ALL color matched.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good.. I wonder what the car would look in white diamond with the bumpers painted and everything.. Unfortunately, I need to keep my bumper guards on. I can't have somebody backing into me or bumping me from the rear.. New York...

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
I didn't like the oh-so-sedate look of the '88 SDV when I first got it either. The main reason I purchased was the price was too right to pass up and I needed wheels in a bad way. Once I got it home and assessed the situation, I opted for repainting the car in a '95 caddy colour (Mocha Metallic, or something like that) to better match the taupe interior. I also badged it all around with late model DEVILLE logos, pitching the more "scripted", longhand look of the ones that came with the car that year. With a nod to the delinquents in my neighbourhood (and getting stale real quick with replacing the damn thing), I removed the crest on the top of the hood, filled the hole and bought a larger crest and badge for the front of the grille. No more missing emblem.

It is amazing the amount of nut-scratching that goes on with the public when they see this car, especially the caddy aficiandos who try and figure out what KIND of Cad this one is. I sent some pics of the car to Sal and hope to see them on this site sometime.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Frost.. I don't get home very much anymore - so in the meantime, you could just click the "pictures" button up top and submit the pictures there.. I'd love to see your car...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts