Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys i know nothing about cars, but would a 2008 3.6L DI CTS beat a 2002 V8 Mustang Gt in a race? This saying both are automatic transmission.

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
2002 Mustang Gt 0-60: 5.5

2008 CTS DI 0-60: 5.8

·
Registered
09 CTS DI FE3
416 Posts
I think the true question is how about on the curves. The suspension on the CTS is significantly more sophisticated than the mustang. I also think you'd be more confident at the limit than the mustang. Even though it doesn't have as much power I think it would be close or the CTS would win. Yes, I know the CTS is heavier but I still think it would be a good run.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Sorry guys i know nothing about cars, but would a 2008 3.6L DI CTS beat a 2002 V8 Mustang Gt in a race? This saying both are automatic transmission.
Very Doubtful. Especially in a drag race. CTS might have more h/p, but the Stang has more tq & weighs less.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
The times are close enough that it could be a close driver's race. Hitchem up and go for it, if anything it should be fun. :lildevil:

Take it to a track for safeties sake!!

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
That Mustang has nothing on the 08 3.6DI.. you all forgot to factor in age, that stang is 5+ years old. I would really be hesitant to race a car thats a 2008 with 300hp, especially if I'm in an old ford. It would be a totally different story if your friend has an 08 GT.

That 0-60 et was done when the car was brand new.

Hands down, my money is on the CTS.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
OP said both were automatics. The Mustang had a 4 speed, the CTS a 6 speed. What are the gear ratios of the lower gears? What rear-end gears are in both? The 3.6DI has 44 more HP than the 02 Mustang, but 29 pound-feet less torque. What is the weight difference? Could the transmission and overall gear ratios overcome the weight and torque differences??? Too many unknowns.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Black Raven
341 Posts
trueeee.

I had an 03 Acura TL type S automatic and I beat a 99 M3 stick... didnt think I could but I did.. 3 times, also with the same car I beat a 90 something 5.0 LX ... he asked me what I had done to the car.. I told him I took out the engine and put a mouse on a wheel lol......

with my 05 when I first got it... I beat a new Audi.. dont know the make but it wasnt the A4 it was the larger sedan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts