Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 2010 Premium for a 2013 Premium. What a difference. For all the safety features alone, anyone on the fence about the 2013 or newer should strongly consider the upgrade for the additional safety features alone.
Some of the immediate items that stood out.... Traded the car from out of state purchase through AutoTrader. Great experience.
1. Seats have a bit additional / softer cushioning.
2. More solid feel all around.
3. Adaptive Cruse Control was flawless on the 650 mi. trip.
4. Bluetooth connection
5. Automatic braking / collision avoidance
6. Lane departure warning....
7. Extra power due to the larger engine, and smooth as silk at idle. No shakes like the 3.0.

Had many long hours to get use to the Cue, not that bad.....

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
I'll give you a year or two and see if you're still singing its praises. In the meantime, "Good Luck!"

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
Nice to see a trade up!
I never had any luck with my '13's Adaptive Cruise, it flunked out a lot on me.
Also, the 3.6L DI V6 will 'shake', though not as much as the 3.0. It is smoother due it's displacement, but still lumpy because of the way most V6's are built.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stevec5375, what makes you say that? Do you mean in general about all Srx's? Cap, the Adaptive cruse was amazing. Although I used in only on rain, and a little fog, it was a night and day difference over standard cruse control. Coming down the mountains in west Virginia, I was pleasantly surprised when I thought I had a problem with the brake light switch sticking, it turns out that the adaptive cruse was holding the set speed at 76 and applying the brakes automatically and while doing so, the brake light illuminated. I guess no one will notice this if you are driving during the day, the mountains were pitch black, the reflection was in the rear glass. It never faulted once and held the set speed. If a car or truck cur in front or traffic slowed down a bit, the cruse kept its distance and adjusted almost seamlessly.
My wife also liked the fact that they moved the door lock and unlock button back to the door.....

3 negative items during the trip,
1. Memory buttons would not store new settings.
2. No auto High Beam sentinel
3. GPS would glitch after splitting the screen to show what lane to stay in, the left part of the screen would loose the tracking arrow highlighted line. I would have to hit the nav button again to have it reset.

So far, compared to the 10 or so items that the 2010 had that needed service, this is a little blip that I'm sure will be taken care of under B2B. For what it is, I enjoy the upgrade so far.

I'm still on the fence about upgrading to GM Extended warrantee. The dealer Certified the truck for me and put on 4 new OEM tires. I have 30K on the truck so need to decide soon. The 2010 I traded had over 80K on it, still under CPO.

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
1. Don't worry, NiceRide; that's Steve being Steve

2. Don't fall for the extended warranty (several horror stories on the forum).

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I currently still have a GM Extended warrantee on my 09 Escalade. So far no problems with service.... They have taken care of replacing Driver & Passenger seat tracks, Front Diff rebuild, replacement OnStar module, Front Transmission seal, driver door lock, passenger door handle....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts