Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
hmmm... I wonder... If that was indeed aired in '86 it would have been toward the end ... cause that's definitely an '87 Cougar.

I always liked the full-size Cougars, it's a shame they died with the rest of the personal luxury market.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I remember Mercury used a lot of popular songs, mostly 60s Motown during the mid 80s. I actually loved this commercial:

Mercury wanted Bette Midler's version, but she said no. They got an impersonator. She sued.

Still a cool commercial.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
The best car commercial of all times was a Gulf oil commercial with Mark Donahue driving a blue Z-28 on the track. The audibles and the video were astounding. I recorded it and watched it over and over. The message was if the Z-28 could perform like it did on Gulf gas, so could your car.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Disable the Sable.

Wow, I can't believe people thought those were "sexy" and "groundbreaking" back then, but I suppose when you're comparing that to a LTD, then it's pretty ahead of the time.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Disable the Sable.

Wow, I can't believe people thought those were "sexy" and "groundbreaking" back then, but I suppose when you're comparing that to a LTD, then it's pretty ahead of the time.
They were ahead of their time... kinda starting the jelly-bean shape of most all 90's cars... looking at that ad, the cars resemble cars from the mid 90's and not the mid 80's....

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Wow, I love the digital dash on that Corvette.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
haha damn now I really want an 84 Corvette, just so I could replicate that commercial myself
I know, me too!

I..... went on ebay and started looking at them :)

But, I like the 2nd generation C4 better, and the later years of it ('94-'96) I just like them better inside and out.

But I like the digital dash, I have a thing for them :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts