Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Cadillac Sedan Deville
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped a little curb in a tight parking area this morning with my rear passenger wheel. Three hours later and adding the weight of about 6 people, I feel a wobbly tire and hear a squeaking noise. I had lost two lugs nuts! One bolt is broken off and the other is stripped. I'm going to tow it to Covert Cadillac in the morning, but I don't think it is covered by the GMPP warranty. So I'll probably end up taking it to Wheel Technologies.

Anyone have a similar problem before?

I'm so so sad. But hey the Caddy dealer will give me another rental for me to wreck!

Colin

·
Registered
2004 CTS
474 Posts
I've had a few broken studs but rims are 20"

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
How did you fit 6 people in the CTS? Trunk?

·
Registered
White diamond 05 CTS 3.6L Euro
181 Posts
RobertCTS,

I have the same rims but no matter how much I polish them I can't get them to SHINE like yours!!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Cadillac Sedan Deville
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Covert Cadillac "investigated" and decided it wasn't covered by the warranty. They went through my glove box and found receipts for work! Caddy said it would cost $750 to fix by replacing the whole thing including the bearings. They said it was probably caused by someone putting the lug nuts on too tight. No damage to the wheel, brake, or axle. I called Wheel Technologies who last worked on my wheels and they said they'll help me out. The manager of the shop is going to drive my car to the Brake Check down the street and have them put new studs and nuts on for around $25 in parts. I'll pay nearly all of that just because he is honoring the warranty. I'll take it to a reputable shop to see if they did a good job just in case.

Oh and I found out I couldn't have popped the lug nuts by hitting a curb at 2 mph. So good news for you. Just make sure you don't over tighten your lug nuts or cross thread them!

Sad, I wanted an excuse to buy new rims.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts