Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Depends on how you define "worst". But, no doubt the SRX is the oldest design and in need of a makeover.

·
Registered
SRX
141 Posts
I love my SRX too, but I understand the criticism. Fuel economy is definitely on the low side, and the early models were not exactly problem-free. Even my 2012 has its quirks.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Yea, perennially, the Honda CRV is their top rated SUV. Boring, mediocre, and ugly. I mean really, do we need to discuss that rag of a magazine again?
The CRV may indeed be those things, but it gets you where you are going efficiently, reliably, and with more room inside than the SRX. And it costs almost half as much and has way less depreciation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
373 Posts
I have owed a Honda CRV, a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a SRX (all current models) all of them have had their fair share of problems.
In my honest opinion It's the luck of the draw.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
..., a Jeep Grand Cherokee...all of them have had their fair share of problems.
In my honest opinion It's the luck of the draw.
Might have been luck of the draw on the Honda and SRX but probably normal for the Jeep GC. Had one once and it was the 2nd worse vehicle I've ever owed, being 'beat out' only by a 70's era Chevy Vega. In the time I owned it I think the only thing that didn't break was the steering wheel. (That's a joke but not much of an exaggeration.) Consistently rated one of the worse vehicles on the road for reliability and being trouble free.

·
Registered
2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
652 Posts
So, Honda buyers set their standards very low being concerned about efficiency, reliability, and room but don't give a crap about styling, luxury, features, and power. If that's the case, why should CR bash a car that has a fan base that like those features?

That's why Baskin Robbins has 32 flavors.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
So, Honda buyers set their standards very low being concerned about efficiency, reliability, and room ...
Not low, different. :thumbsup:

We have 2 vehicles in the house - an SRX and a Honda. If I had to pick one that I had to drive for the next 10 years with no option to replace it before then it would be the Honda without a second thought.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,448 Posts
If you get out of this tiny, limited forum and surf the rest of the huge CF site you'll find that Cadillac has a list of chronic problems involving reliability, expense of maintenance, dealership problems, and staggering depreciation.

"Cadillac" is no longer a 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s marque reserved for the well-to-do; rather it's a mass-marketed mass produced GM product that is struggling to maintain the exclusivity of a diamond car with popcorn production. In fact, some of the so-called SUV and crossover models are nothing more than rebranded GMC and Chevrolet models (common in all car lines).

"Worst car by brand" is a pretty subjective title - Given my ownership experience I would have to say, in no particular order, Jaguar, Cadillac, Volvo, AustinHealey and Porsche.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
I have 2 Cadillacs a 2014 SRX Performance and a 2013 CTS-V. So far zero problems with either one. Tomorrow I take off on a 3,500 mile trip, with the SRX and will post if I have any problems. My last trade in was a 2010 Infiniti G37 that I had for 5 years. It never had a problem, but on the forums, I was on, for the G37, all I read about were problems. I have owned quite a few cars mostly new ones. I probably don't keep them long enough to have problems. The worst car that I've owned, by a huge margin, was a BMW 540i. I really wanted to like that car but it was always in the dealership for one thing or another. Everything was covered under warranty, but it still got real old having to bring it in constantly.
I've also had a, problem free, Porsche. They are rated at or near the top for reliability on all the ratings I have seen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts