Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had good weather and spare time come together so got around to doing some maintenance & repairs on the DeVille. The designers of the fwd DeVille must have assumed that anyone working on the cars would be tiny people. There is pretty much no room for a hand & wrench to be at the same time. Rant over.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,883 Posts
You need to look at some other new models/makes. The 2003 Deville is wide open spaces compared to most.

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
I read a couple posts on here about accessing the spark plug wires on my 1992 Fleetwood because I couldn't clearly see where they went at the back of the engine. I had to remove the strut-tower brace just to access them with my King Kong hands. And I realize that my problems were NOTHING compared to what some of you have to do to access parts on your cars. Another reason I try to stick with the older rides!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,193 Posts
I'm in the process of replacing the cam on my '69 Road Runner. Nothing is even remotely tight or inaccessible. Plenty of room to work. AHH, the good ole days. :)

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,738 Posts
Oooooh cam swap?

Things are really easy to access on the wagon, too.

Or at least, they were.

Now it should be even easier since the LS is a smaller package in a bigger bay. :D

·
Registered
1992 DeVille, 2013 ATS 3.6
2,366 Posts
Ranger said:
I'm in the process of replacing the cam on my '69 Road Runner. Nothing is even remotely tight or inaccessible. Plenty of room to work. AHH, the good ole days. :)
How I envy you. There is so much room on those puppies.

I will say getting the fuel pump bolts back on my dads 400ci 74 rr was a bit of a trick

----------

1969byrdman said:
Today I had good weather and spare time come together so got around to doing some maintenance & repairs on the DeVille. The designers of the fwd DeVille must have assumed that anyone working on the cars would be tiny people. There is pretty much no room for a hand & wrench to be at the same time. Rant over.
Truer words have never been spoken haha

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Sure, the transmission gets the lower bed, and the engine gets the upper....I stand in front of it ranting about how there's no room.

Happens to every Northstar owners. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts