Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Brougham - one owner, 30.000 miles
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, anybody out there has an original working power antenna for a 91 Brougham? I have looked at so-called OEM replacements with a Delco part number but by the looks of things they are just generic antennas with a part number stamped on to them and do not look like the originals. Right? Wrong? Any ideas welcomed.

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance
647 Posts
There's a lot of universal aftermarket antennas on eBay and such. I believe they're all the same generic antenna, you have to modify or make your own bracket to install it with. I have an NOS power antenna from '83, this is what it looks like:

I might be selling it again (I never installed it) if I can fix my original antenna, as it just needs a new mast.

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
If Axel isnt interested in the antenna, I'd definitely want to buy it. mine wont go down (motor is bound up I think), and I can only push it down until its about 2 inches tall.

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
mine is stuck in the up position. can't even push it down that far! lol.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,108 Posts
I used a 91 antenna in my 81. Same antenna, slightly different mounting (that is easy to fix). Not sure what year the mounting changed, but it was different by 84 (I replaced the antenna in mom's 84, too). There are pics on my project thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts